Christmas Music

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayonne did a show like that in 1985. :-)

Believe it or not the Madison Heights Marauders from Michigan did a complete Christmas show in 1972 actually named "Christmas In July" following some of the early themed type shows. They even won the VFW State Championship with it. Some of the tunes were "Little Drummer Boy","March of the Toys", and a western styled "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas". Christmas came early that year.

2005 vanguard did russian christmas music.

They also tied their lowest placement ever, 8th place, and I would say they still haven't recovered from that season.

2005 vanguard did russian christmas music.

They also tied their lowest placement ever, 8th place, and I would say they still haven't recovered from that season.

first-world-problems-20.jpg?w=500&h=350

The Company Performance Ensemble, from Barnsley England came in second this past season in DCUK and won the Drum Corps Europe (DCE) championship witha show titled "Cold" which heavily featured Carole Of The Bells.

I'd love a new a Christmas CD of Drum Corps playing holiday music, which I understand from an earlier post was done in the early 90's. It's not that far-fetched to say that of it was marketed to a larger audience, it could be a success. Some of the best-selling of all time Christmas CD's are The Canadian Brass' Christmas albums and The Philadelphia Brass Ensemble's "Twelve Days of Christmas" is easily recognizable. It would appeal to a wide audience and for those of us who can't wait till summer, it will give us something to look forward to as we do our shopping, trim our trees, and make the Yuletide bright.

Edited by Tim K