Former DCI Sponsor is Toast

They also sponsored DCA as well...NOW what am I supposed to do with those seat cushions they gave out one year? :tongue:

DCI KILLED DRUMCORPS DISCOUNT APPAREL STORES! :tongue:

I blame george hopkins

TJ Maxx and Marshalls huh (don't recognize the other store name)... IOW stuff too expensive for 5 and Below and everything for a buck stores..... But about the same in other ways....

Still like our local Ollies Outlets. Guy who started it (RIP) would buy overstocks, hit bankruptcy sales and buy from the insurance company if the stock was good. Then he'd tell the wierd but true stories in his ads. People mainly looked at the ads just to read the "Here's What Happened". Favorite was the Cabbage Patch kids he bought just before Christmas what they were THE toy. Store that had the Kids had a fire in a different part of the store and the air handler pumped the smoke into the toy department. Insurance had to pay off on the entire toy department and Ollie (his real name) bought from the insurance company for pennies on the dollar. The "Here's What Happened" told that story and included the words "if you don't mind cellophane that smells a little smokey, the toys are OK". Them smokey ###ed kids flew off the shelves.

They also sponsored DCA as well...NOW what am I supposed to do with those seat cushions they gave out one year? :tongue:

There won't be any more; those are now collectors' items. :tongue: