Define Dark

I think with all the darkness in this world, the show designers should think of themselves as light in the darkness- since Drum Corps is a medium of a medium of communication, we as representatives of great ideals and wonderful individual identities should be focused on uplifting people.. not simply reflecting (mirrors on the field..? hmm) the unpleasantness that's already out there in the subconscious of our own psychosocial affairs. I think there are shows that refer to dark in the individual sense- in a person, like PR 2006, Faust or PR 1996 A Defiant Heart..

When I think dark I think evil. Scary evil. Sinister Evil.. like Turquoise Noise is doing this year. That.. I don't like. BAC 2008 was kind of a dark concept.. temptation and all. I'm even going to go out on a limb here and say Cadets 2010 was dark show simply because of the concept, "Toy SOULdier" would imply the kid is giving his (eternal) soul to become a soldier. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.. whether he actually SOLD his soul or simply let it be modified to help him live up to the ideal of and earn the title of a soldier is up in the air to me.

blink.gif IMO that was the fluffiest show I'd seen in a while.

blink.gif IMO that was the fluffiest show I'd seen in a while.

I think it had potential to go dark earlier in the season, but developed into something that was... yeah. Fluffy.

I think it had potential to go dark earlier in the season, but developed into something that was... yeah. Fluffy.

A fluffy show about selling your soul.. :hmmm:

I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it.