My Proposed DCA Rule Change

Ah,Yes! In any competitive endeavor when one cannot defeat one's opponent it is always best to change the rules to achieve one's goal. To quote a phrase from Carolina Gold's 2010 show, "Dum Da Dum Dum"! If you can't beat them, go home and practice!

The following is the rule changes proposal that I would like to make at the next DCA Rules Congress -

DCA Parity -- Rule Change Proposal

Whereas, in the best business interests of Drum Corps Associates and all of its member corps,

1.1 Any DCA corps that has won three consecutive DCA Championships shall be declared a "DCA Grand Champion," and shall automatically be put into competitive-exhibition status for the following DCA World Championship.

Really? and the rationale is?

1.2 Every DCA corps must allow and encourage its members to participate in I&E, and no corps is allowed to conduct an unrelated rehearsal or sectional on the I&E Performance Night.

Really? and the rationale is? seems like a way to destroy a corps not in the best intrest of anyone other than those who coudn't achieve without getting rid of a corps ( which isn't true )

The following is the rule changes proposal that I would like to make at the next DCA Rules Congress -

Whereas, in the best business interests of Drum Corps Associates and all of its member corps,

1.1 Any DCA corps that has won three consecutive DCA Championships shall be declared a "DCA Grand Champion," and shall automatically be put into competitive-exhibition status for the following DCA World Championship.

1.2 Every DCA corps must allow and encourage its members to participate in I&E, and no corps is allowed to conduct an unrelated rehearsal or sectional on the I&E Performance Night.

I should log in here more often. I enjoy a good troll.

• Like 1

Sorry, Lee...but #1 comes across as "The Bucs Rule" because that's the only corps likely to be affected right now. And no matter your intent, it's aimed AT Bucs....just like the voting rule (I think) seemed to be aimed at Renegades.

I advise dropping the idea....really.

I have a better idea...Why dont the other corps beat Reading? It is time that someone figures this out.

DA

FTW.

To be fair, I don't see this as trolling. Asking a question or putting something out there for discussion is what this forum is for, after all. Though I do not agree with the proposals, I don't see the harm in presenting them for discussion.

How about the following amendments?...

WHEREAS, if a corps wins one DCA Championship, they shall be given a stern talking to...

WHEREAS, if a corps wins two consecutive DCA Championships, they shall be given a time out to think about what they have done.

WHEREAS, if a corps doesn't get the message and wins a thrid DCA Championship in a row, they shall have to apologize and promise to never do it again. :blink:

How about the following amendments?...

WHEREAS, if a corps wins one DCA Championship, they shall be given a stern talking to...

WHEREAS, if a corps wins two consecutive DCA Championships, they shall be given a time out to think about what they have done.

WHEREAS, if a corps doesn't get the message and wins a thrid DCA Championship in a row, they shall have to apologize and promise to never do it again. :blink:

Good ones! There is nothing wrong for the same corps to win consecutive titles, no matter how long the stretch is. If you're the best, then you're the best. It's up to everyone else to figure out how to beat them. I think this is more because Lee is irked that everybody and their mothers aren't going all ga ga and drooling over his corps like they use to. The novelty of "7" and "Evil" has died and Lee can't handle that.

Edited by FrankBeMe
  • Like 1