Health of the Activity!

Crusaders Sr. Drum and Bugle Corps to the Alumni

Davidp,

Groups like the Chattahoochee Vanguard Mini-Corps getting together in basements, halls, heck even kitchens are just as important to the All-Age activity as any other group.

If representitives from the corps listed below could help with City/State and web sites I'd be greatfull. We're at 48 All-Age groups with more Mini, Alumni, SDCA, Parade, and Study/Club corps to list.

Up-Date

DCA Open Class

1)Alliance

2)Buccaneers

3)Bushwackers

4)Caballeros

5)CorspVets

6)Empire Statesmen

7)Hurricanes

8)Kilties

9)Minnesota Brass

10)Renegades

DCA Class A

1) Arkansas Thunder

2) Carolina Gold

3) Chops, Inc

4) Cincinnati Tradition, Cincinnati Ohio

5) Excelsior

6) Fusion Core

7) Govenaires

8) Grenadiers

9) Gulf Coast Sound

10) High Country Brass

11) Shenandoah Sound

12) SoCal Dream

13) Sun Devils

14) Vigilantes

15) White Sabres

16) Windsor Regiment

DCA Mini Corps

1) Star United, Indianapolis, IN

2) Mini Brass, Miniapolis, MN

Did not compete during 2010, but active....

1) Brigadiers

2) Frontier

3) Music City Legend

4) 6th Street Regiment

5) Skyliners

6) Sunrisers

7) Tampa Bay Thunder

Alumni

1) Caballeros Alumni Drum And Bugle Corps, Hawthorne, New Jersey

2) Defenders Alumni Drum And Bugle Corps, Rockland, Mass

3) United Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps, Simcoe Ontario

4) St Kevin’s Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps

5) Bridgemen Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps, Bridgeport, New Jersey

6) Mighty St Joe’s Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps, Batavia, New York

7) Skyliners Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps

Small Drum Corps Association

1) Imperial Knights, Sudbury Ont, Canada

2) Classic Cavaliers. Chicago, IL

3) Royal Airs, Chicago, IL

4) Knight Fire, Chicago, IL

5) Sine Wave, Chicago, IL

Parade Corps

1) Niagara Memorial Militairs Alumni Drum Corps, Niagara Falls Ont

Study Group / Club D&B Corps

1) Chattahoochee Vanguard Mini-Corps

Total = 48 All-Age D&B originations.

Add Hanover, PA Lancers to the Alumni-type (we're open to non-corps people), parade and standstill.

http://www.hanoverlancers.com

Got a nice clip o' the corps too....

And if problem with above link (work PC hangs at times):

http://www.silverpennystudio.com/lancers/

Same site - different link

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Add The Kilties Mini-Corps (new in 2011)

AWESOME!

ADD - Purple Lancers Drum & Bugle Corps of Auburn, NY to the "Parade Corps" List

• 1 month later...

Add Grey Knights from Johnsonburg, PA,.............kinda like Erie, Just a drum corps,.....also add these other PA corps

Belvederes, Schuylkill Haven, PA

Emmaus Sentinals, Emmaus, PA

Blue Eagles, Wind Gap, PA

Jaffa Shrine, Altoona, PA

Syria Shrine, Pittsburgh, PA

Gary, and all...

Yes the Grey Knights are having a fun season marching parades in North-central PA! We have two parades left. Mt Jewett on the 13th of August and Kane PA on the 20th. We are on Facebook at Grey Knights Drum and Bugle Corps of Johnsonburg PA and or at Grey-Knights.com

Vern

I thought this thread was going to be a discussion about the future of the activity, especially on the senior side. This thread seems to be a validation of whatever group of guys can get together to reminisce and play their horns and bag their drums.

The term Drum and Bugle Corps has pride and class in it. Do we need to give credit to every group? Can there be some sort of process that can let them carry the title Drum and Bugle Corps?

My apologies if this is offensive to anyone, but let's bring some sort of stability to this please.

Olive

• Like 1

I thought this thread was going to be a discussion about the future of the activity, especially on the senior side. This thread seems to be a validation of whatever group of guys can get together to reminisce and play their horns and bag their drums.

The term Drum and Bugle Corps has pride and class in it. Do we need to give credit to every group? Can there be some sort of process that can let them carry the title Drum and Bugle Corps?

My apologies if this is offensive to anyone, but let's bring some sort of stability to this please.

Olive

so you'd rather it be nothing but the best of the best, as opposed to maybe people doing it for the love of it and keeping an old name alive?

seems to me the more drum corps we have lost, the worse the activity has gotten

• Like 1

Olive

Two thoughts come to mind:

1) Don't knock it until you've tried it either as a spectator or member.

2) People who watch these corps in non-corps related functions (parades, etc) or corps functions (corps standstills, shows, etc) seem to enjoy so what's the problem. Lot of non-corps people have been introduced to DC because of these groups.

Lot of these groups are on "that site" or like mine have vids on their homesite. Might not be as bad as you fear....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

seems to me the more drum corps we have lost, the worse the activity has gotten

And we have totally taken away corps with 22-34 members a place to compete. Not exactly laying the ground work for up and coming corps. Can you say 7? I think our west coast brothers can.