the Entertainment sheet passed on to a task force

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7811f8bc-2850-4e50-9d9d-280bede7a764

• Like 1

vocal in I&E passed.

Soundboard controlled anywhere passed.

the Entertainment sheet passed on to a task force

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7811f8bc-2850-4e50-9d9d-280bede7a764

1. :thumbup:

2. :thumbup: oh to add... THose corps that have the technology better tell the other corps about it!

I'm glad they are taking extra time. From what I know about Cesario and some of his thoughts, I really like him so I'm glad he is heading the committee. I'm in the boat that thinks 'as long as Cesario thinks its a good idea, I think its a good idea...' so we'll see where that cruise takes us.

Edited by charlie1223

I'm willing to bet there is no noticeable difference in front ensemble balance.

Why? Cause the corps that played with it in Indy last year had no difference from Friday to Saturday

• Like 1

but given a whole season to perfect it instead of just 1 day?

The corps that did it WAS doing it all season... That is probably why there was no difference between Friday and Saturday. My guess is they had the balance where they wanted it by then.

• Like 1

I am all for entertaining shows and fan friendly shows.

BUT......

This must be policed by the designers and judges. NOT THE FANS.

entertainment is different for everyone . there is NO chart to determine if a show is more entertaining to another. This is All in the aye of the fans.

AS I SAID .. policed by the judges.

Not to give them a number to put down because the fans or they themselves find a show entertaining. It is the attempt to entertain that should be rewarded in the EFFECT caption.

Some of these high brow shows ( such as BD , Cadets , SCV ) are entertaining to some but not all.

shows like Blue Knights , Madison , Blue Stars or Cavies. How do you differentiate the differences in entertainment?? THE crowd ?? no !!!

I went to a cheerleading comp some years ago and the crowd , fans , and mostly parents only go nuts for their kids . They sit silently for the other groups because crowd appeal is judged. It was embarrassing embarrassing embarrassing to hear someone tell you not to cheer because they were not our team.

If the judges take into consideration the entertainment of the corps without getting the fans involved . ( kind of what they do with difficulty ) its not really on the sheet .

we might be on on the right path.

• Like 6

Sound boards in my DCIs?! Boooooooooooooo! The pit is too loud! Rable rable rable.

A couple years pass.

Controlling a sound board so that the pit sound doesn't dominate?! Boooooooooooooooooo rable rable rable!

Oh fans...............

Edited by luvs me sum mello!
  • Like 3