Pioneer

Maybe we should wait and see what they put on the field. If, with a smaller corps, they are able to have a drill and music that is much cleaner then it can be considered a rebuilding year. Numbers do not mean quality. Any placement this year above 23rd is a success for Pioneer. Hope they do it.

Here is your latest update:

Five days until the first show! Drill has been completed since Monday and the corps has been cleaning in preparation for the show in Indianapolis. Two parades this weekend in Libertyville and Elk Grove Village, Illinois.

So Glad to hear that!!! Y'all have a great tour!!!

I was just about to start a new Pioneer thread.

Did anyone else see the irony in the last thread. No matter what/how people feel about Pioneer they still push forward. Turn the negative into positive and keep your heads up and motivation ahead of you.

I LOVE THIS CORPS. When I get my own band program (hopefully soon), this corps will have 100% support from me and my students. The activity need more corps that are willing to teach the newer/younger kids.

Hold on Pioneer, relief will come soon. There are many of us out here supporting you.

Now we get to see you all- LIVE! Cant wait!

GO PIONEER!

Viewed the corps this past weekend at the parades; although not as large as previous seasons, they looked sharp. It's not the size of the wand, it's the magic behind it.

Here is your latest update:

Five days until the first show! Drill has been completed since Monday and the corps has been cleaning in preparation for the show in Indianapolis. Two parades this weekend in Libertyville and Elk Grove Village, Illinois.

Kris hammOnd? Did he march corps in the 80s? He is the brass caption head.

Last night Pioneer scored a 50.90 , and at a different show Music City scored a 47.60.

I am just wondering if its true, but the numbers that I heard for Pioneer last night were 16 horns, 12 guard and 18 drums. Does anyone know if these numbers are real?

So much for bigger = better scores.

Edited by Howdy

Music City also stood for the first 9 minutes of their show, and they are in a different class with different sheets, rubrics, and expectations.

Edited by Steve Knob
  • Like 1