How far are you...

68 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours away are you from closest Non-regional/Local event this year?

2. 2. How far are you from the closest Regional event this year?

3. 3. How far are you willing to drive to the nearest Regional/Local Drum corps show on average?

So, a lot of people said the locations of shows was a problem for DCI so I decided to conduct this poll to see how far shows were for people on DCP. I even encourage guest members, yes I'm talking to you, to join DCP and answer this poll to get an even more accurate estimation of this information. I left Finals out because another poll already points the fact that the location of finals is also a factor. We are just talking local and regional shows in the poll, but someone is more than welcome to create a final's related location poll if they like.

And ofcourse this will also be a general discussion of show locations: why is it a problem for DCI, How can DCI be better about show locations. How are they are chosen, how they can be chosen better in the future, and what goes into picking the right location for a drum corps show.

*Just round in the poll to whatever you feel is appropriate for your circumstance

Edited by charlie1223

Im about 30 minutes way from a local DCI show, but anything other than that one show and it is about an 8 hour drive. I think that its about a 25 hour drive to the closest regional show. I would need to check that, but its down in texas, which I believe is a 20+ hour drive from here.

well, I just looked...closest non regional is 2 hours and 11 minutes away. closest regional is 90 minutes away.

I used to have 3-4 within an hour

well, I just looked...closest non regional is 2 hours and 11 minutes away. closest regional is 90 minutes away.

I used to have 3-4 within an hour

Quit your complaining :tongue:

Perhaps the title should say 'How far are you in driving time'

For me it's at least 4 hours flying time; double it for layovers, customs and connections :-)

Quit your complaining :tongue:

Perhaps the title should say 'How far are you in driving time'

For me it's at least 4 hours flying time; double it for layovers, customs and connections :-)

and I feel your pain.

45-60 minutes from a ToC show which has replaced the 2 night Houston show. I'm sure most of you know my feelings about that so I won't go any further on that subject in this thread.

San Antonio is the nearest regional. A 3+ hour drive on a good day.

Edited by skajerk

I'm 3,717 miles from Indianapolis.

Stop your complaining!

I can only fly so its a minimum of 9 hours flight!! (no roads from England)

Only regional i've been to recently is Allentown so i'm guessing it was 13 hours to get there in total as i was staying in long island and the traffic was backed up.

Worth it though.