something I miss...

Something I miss... Bluecoats programming from 2002 to 2006. Such great, enjoyable shows - each getting a little more sophisticated, without being pretentious (which I've found in their 2009 and 2010 shows). Listened to the 2004 show today - a little raw on the ears, but so much fun. The 2002 show for the longest time was my favorite bottom six show.

What is something you miss? And why?

Edited by kdaddy

Those shows were definitely GREAT and a heck of a lot of fun to listen to.

Something I miss... I miss Blue Devils shows like 1999, 2003, 2004. I loved being blown away by what their brass was doing. They did some sick stuff!

I did miss Madison. I don't anymore. Last year was great, and from what I hear they'll be playing this year, it'll be even better in 2011

EDIT: I also liked the openers of 2007 and 2008 from BD a lot!

Edited by BlooContraGuy

I miss Star of Indiana. Does it count if i was 3 years old when they left the scene?

• Like 1

Something I miss... Bluecoats programming from 2002 to 2006. Such great, enjoyable shows - each getting a little more sophisticated, without being pretentious (which I've found in their 2009 and 2010 shows). Listened to the 2004 show today - a little raw on the ears, but so much fun. The 2002 show for the longest time was my favorite bottom six show.

Well...sticking with the Bluecoats....I certiantly miss their big band/swing approach and even the beep-bop they experimented with. I still think that if BC came out with a straight forward big band swing show....with the talent they have produced lately....people would go completely nuts.

A recent show from them that had less dark long melodic exciting phases to it was their 2008 show. Certainly something I wouldn't associate with the Bluecoats per say....but a kick butt exciting show.

90-92 Crossmen. you can't buy a groove like that anymore

• Like 2

Agreed, nice to sit back and let it rip.....maybe one day Crossmen will get that back, we can dream.

I miss Santa Clara's Broadway and Russian themed shows...

I miss the 27th Lancers and the Muchachos

• Like 1

Ok, here we go...

I miss:

1) Star

2) The PBS Broadcast

3) G-Bugles

4) DCI East at Allentown having a Prelims then Finals format on same day

5) Drum Corps World coming weekly to my mailbox during the summer

6) George Zingali drills, Steve Brubaker drills

7) 27th Lancers, Freelancers, Bridgemen, Sky Ryders, Southwind, and many more

8) STAR!!!!! :)

leed17

BOOM. They NEED to find a groove again. They kinda had it back with Beddis... but to me it felt forced. He's back again... different instructional staff I believe.. so let's see what happens. And they are in Texas... so I don't know how possible a groove is tongue.gif