Hey Keith -

IIRC - Cru DID win horns in 1990. I just remember that as a "fabulous" line (pun intended)

and that version of Channel One was as good as BD's..IMHO..I always atributed it to having Kings..since we were still had piston/rotors in OUR line that year......a very notorious year for MBI.

I found it hard to believe that Cru was 5th with that line..Of course, after our show, a lot of us found it tough to be enthusiastic about Finals.

Pat

Sorry Pat, but NO Cru did NOT win horns that year. Empire did. I don't think Cru EVER won a caption trophy at DCA.

That's a good question - if cru ever won a caption at DCA Championships... '72 was the best overall Cru corps (IMHO) in DCA... but didn't they take percussion in '88 under the late Rick Rogers?

That's a good question - if cru ever won a caption at DCA Championships... '72 was the best overall Cru corps (IMHO) in DCA... but didn't they take percussion in '88 under the late Rick Rogers?

Bush won Drums in '88.

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/19900902dcafinals.htm

recap on from the press box....

oh man the memories i just wished to repress :ph34r:

It was Zazzara that did it! LOL Drum line was down that year I see and I can't believe with all the running around we did with the Brubaker drill that we were 5th or 6th...oh well. Cool to see those re-caps, thanks!

It was Zazzara that did it! LOL Drum line was down that year I see and I can't believe with all the running around we did with the Brubaker drill that we were 5th or 6th...oh well. Cool to see those re-caps, thanks!

funny that I forgot that... a great deal of satisfaction for sure... Corky Fabrizio and daughter Beth on the podium... tough to beat brass wise... with one of his finest Steve Brubaker presentations placing the brass perfectly while still presenting an expansive and demanding drill...

yeah my mission tomorrow is to go back and look. I know we fought Cabs and Empire every week, then Bush came on late. I remember a huge win against Empire the week before finals and 4th at finals.

At the Barnum critique the Bushwackers percussion arranger told me they were late getting finished. Just two weeks later at Hasbrouck Hts they were a different percussion section.

So who did percussion that year with Cru? I don't even remember.

• 1 month later...

Empire Statesmen won high brass in 1990 and 1991. I have the recaps someplace. I recall it was Bob Zazzara that had a large spread on the field sheet.