The Most Anticipated Corps Shows of 2011

Well, I put 2006 because that was my favorite show from BD. I don't think its going backwards at this point since... well lets face it... not many people liked their 2010 show. The last part I agree with, if BD goes back to their old style and Cavies keep doing what they are doing then they'll both be loved.

That is simply not true. There are many DC fans that loved BD's 2010 show. Like all shows, some may not connect, while others are delighted, some will parse the show into details and attempt to dissect why they liked or didn't like it, some will sit on their hands strategically, some will be amazed (there were many of these....even on this thread) and still others will simply sit back and let the experience flow over them and absorb it. Accept it as something new and attempt to open the mind to the unfamiliar. IMO, this is the message of both SOI 93 and BD 10 and it is a message that some see right away and others will see later.

If DCI (like some on DCP suggest) is a product of what it was....a hope for reflection of the familiar or snippets of what many FMM recall of their experience...it becomes just a bunch re-runs!! Mason and company are embracing the past....if they eventually prevail while CC, BD and other top tiers continue to move the activity to new places, then it seems you will be correct. What would you do if you were DC designers in the middle of a "perfect game"....change pitchers?

... Accept it as something new and attempt to open the mind to the unfamiliar. IMO, this is the message of both SOI 93 and BD 10 and it is a message that some see right away and others will see later.

"Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen! "

• Like 5

"Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen! "

I know..."for you!" I'm thinking intervention, but it would be a sad waste of time.

That is simply not true. There are many DC fans that loved BD's 2010 show. Like all shows, some may not connect, while others are delighted, some will parse the show into details and attempt to dissect why they liked or didn't like it, some will sit on their hands strategically, some will be amazed (there were many of these....even on this thread) and still others will simply sit back and let the experience flow over them and absorb it. Accept it as something new and attempt to open the mind to the unfamiliar. IMO, this is the message of both SOI 93 and BD 10 and it is a message that some see right away and others will see later.

If DCI (like some on DCP suggest) is a product of what it was....a hope for reflection of the familiar or snippets of what many FMM recall of their experience...it becomes just a bunch re-runs!! Mason and company are embracing the past....if they eventually prevail while CC, BD and other top tiers continue to move the activity to new places, then it seems you will be correct. What would you do if you were DC designers in the middle of a "perfect game"....change pitchers?

I disagree... From what I was reading on this forum and polls that I held on my own with a bunch of random drum corps fans that attended TMEA. The questions were "Did you attend any Drum corps shows this past season?" and "(answer if only you have seen this show) Did you enjoy BD's show?" Sadly the responses I got were not good. If you asked me I wouldn't be on any side. I didn't love the show but didn't hate it. It was just kinda dull to me, regardless I think BD needs to come up with something more exciting for this upcoming season. I actually went to BD's website and went to there forum and I stumbled upon some rumors for there upcoming show. I am kinda excited :thumbup: and that last thing you said doesn't exactly make sense to me... I have a hard time scrambling drum corps when its compared to baseball. i'm sorry but can you clarify it differently?

I disagree... From what I was reading on this forum and polls that I held on my own with a bunch of random drum corps fans that attended TMEA. The questions were "Did you attend any Drum corps shows this past season?" and "(answer if only you have seen this show) Did you enjoy BD's show?" Sadly the responses I got were not good. If you asked me I wouldn't be on any side. I didn't love the show but didn't hate it. It was just kinda dull to me, regardless I think BD needs to come up with something more exciting for this upcoming season. I actually went to BD's website and went to there forum and I stumbled upon some rumors for there upcoming show. I am kinda excited :thumbup:and that last thing you said doesn't exactly make sense to me... I have a hard time scrambling drum corps when its compared to baseball. i'm sorry but can you clarify it differently?

I think he's saying that, since they've been so successful recently, it would be foolish to change what they're doing.

I'm not gonna hate on BD today. I really am excited to see what they come out with next year. Hopefully it will be a great show, because I love competing with great shows a lot more than less-than-great shows.

(This is me expecting [hoping] to be competitive with the Blue Devils)

Edited by BlooContraGuy
  • Like 1

Crown - Love me som Rach!! And some Crown horn line!

Cadets - From what I've heard, their line is out for blood!

Cavies - come one...it's the green machine...you can never count them out!

SCV - Saw a live performance of the piece their show is based and have only fallen more in love with it over time! Can't wait to see it on the field!

Phantom - Another Shakespeare show?! It's going to be poetry on a football field!

I disagree... From what I was reading on this forum and polls that I held on my own with a bunch of random drum corps fans that attended TMEA. The questions were "Did you attend any Drum corps shows this past season?" and "(answer if only you have seen this show) Did you enjoy BD's show?" Sadly the responses I got were not good. If you asked me I wouldn't be on any side. I didn't love the show but didn't hate it. It was just kinda dull to me, regardless I think BD needs to come up with something more exciting for this upcoming season. I actually went to BD's website and went to there forum and I stumbled upon some rumors for there upcoming show. I am kinda excited :thumbup: and that last thing you said doesn't exactly make sense to me... I have a hard time scrambling drum corps when its compared to baseball. i'm sorry but can you clarify it differently?

Well this is an opinion network, and we both have one. I must say though, that your personal poll is just that...personal... and does not reflect anything approaching an overall view. I know that's what happens on DCP....outcomes are rearranged psychologically...it makes it tolerable I suppose. But saying you know the ground truth and trotting out your Q & A as proof is beyond the pale. Let's just say that you and some you know (or ran into) didn't care for BD's show...and myself and some I know found it "another level altogether" both in terms of design and performance .