Last two minutes of the show go unjudged.

Howdy

Please, call me Mikey.

I do not agree with your assesment of Bayone.

Park and blow is wonderful!

Sorry, my step-brother is Mikey. I go by what I see for a s/n.

As for park & blow, it's all well and good, but not for an entire production. I'll be honest, I'm blown away by a technically difficult part played well and by a jam session. Does it mean I want both to be an entire show? Heck no. For someone with such a large collection of diplomas, I thought an appreciation for both sides of performance would be included, instead of the wall decor/conversation pieces being the only thing you'd get out of those institutions.

Please, call me Mikey.

Howdy, I was in Allentown. were you? One of the reasons I went? To see the Bridgemen. Even seeing them a month later at DCA's Alumni show, the crowd was NOT captivated the way it had been in past years. Too serious. People wanted the funny Bridgemen. See, had you been there, you'd know this.

SOME park and blow is wonderful. 2 minutes of every corps park and blow gets as old as the things many of us complain about with modern show design.

variety is the spice of life. Some of the new combined with the old? Heaven. Look at Madison last year. That "throwback show" had many, many modern elements of design in there, but enough "old school" to thrill fans into 5 standing O's during the finals performance ( i was there, I counted each time we all stood).

Now, if Boston had come out and done the exact same approach, followed by Blue Stars, SCV...it would have gotten old.

Kinda like it did at times in the old days.

Regardless of what you, me, whoever wants, drum corps can not simply revert back to 1980. The best course of action is to incorporate some snippets of 80 into what is happening today. Listen to what Cesario is saying on those podcasts, and you'll see I am paraphrasing his words.

• Like 1

Please, call me Mikey.

Howdy, there is a time and place for playing while at a standstill. Not every show calls for such an approach.

• Like 1

Howdy, there is a time and place for playing while at a standstill. Not every show calls for such an approach.

Drillmansop06 please stop all of your pm's to me.

My name is not HOWDY. I will no longer respond to any comment made to HOWDY in DCP.

Thank you.

Mikey

Edited by Howdy

Howdy, I was in Allentown. were you? One of the reasons I went? To see the Bridgemen. Even seeing them a month later at DCA's Alumni show, the crowd was NOT captivated the way it had been in past years. Too serious. People wanted the funny Bridgemen. See, had you been there, you'd know this.

SOME park and blow is wonderful. 2 minutes of every corps park and blow gets as old as the things many of us complain about with modern show design.

variety is the spice of life. Some of the new combined with the old? Heaven. Look at Madison last year. That "throwback show" had many, many modern elements of design in there, but enough "old school" to thrill fans into 5 standing O's during the finals performance ( i was there, I counted each time we all stood).

Now, if Boston had come out and done the exact same approach, followed by Blue Stars, SCV...it would have gotten old.

Kinda like it did at times in the old days.

Regardless of what you, me, whoever wants, drum corps can not simply revert back to 1980. The best course of action is to incorporate some snippets of 80 into what is happening today. Listen to what Cesario is saying on those podcasts, and you'll see I am paraphrasing his words.

We do not agree about Bayone. Jeff I am not going to argue with you about them.

I never said that a corps had to park and blow for two minutes, the point is "Loud is beautiful".

Park and blow is lovely, just lovely, and I would like to see more.

I never said that a corps had to park and blow for two minutes, the point is "Loud is beautiful".

Howdy,

1) Loud CAN BE beautiful. It's not always beautiful.

2) I thought you weren't responding to posts addressed to your exact DCP username?

And please, call me Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

Edited by DrillmanSop06
  • Like 2

How does that logically follow? That was the way corps shows were done for years before. I don't really care one way or another about the idea, but your objection seems extreme.

As Jeff pointed out, GE judging did in fact continue after the gun. (Still don't know how we could ever be sure that music and visual judges wouldn't be effected by watching/listening to the "un judged" two minutes, but that's me....)

And the OP posited that the last two minutes would be programmed more fan friendly BECAUSE they wouldn't be judged. Of course, we can't look back at history to see if this was the case back then (as you suggest), because, as we all know, every minute of every show back in that era was pure awesomeness unlike the drivel that's forced up us today [/sarcasm].

My problem with the idea is that it's positioned as a way to get designers to make the fans happy. Seriously... think about how competitive this activity has gotten. .025 defined a champion just two and half years ago. Designers will then be forced to jam anything and everything on the sheets into 9 minutes (and they would go at it with gusto), and then we get 2 minutes of "happy stuff"?

I'm sorry, but if people aren't coming to shows because they don't like the 11 minute productions being fielded today (which is what the OP seems to be suggesting), then they're not going to flock back into the stands to sit through 9 minutes of it either....

yet you can't even answer a simple question.

Were you there?

No. So how do you really know?

as for park and blow...you saw a lot of it last summer. it won the whole #### thing

• Like 1