EQUIPMENT

My advice is to start by buying some punctuation and a few more capital letters.

The answer regarding G vs. Bb when you're starting out without a sugar daddy is whatever is cheapest, keeping in mind that's not necessarily a one-year issue. For instance, G horns that cost X now aren't necessarily a bargain if you have to pay X plus 50% next year to fill out your line. Bottom line: Don't make G/Bb decision; make a wise economic decision.

HH

Seriously what is the point other than to appease your superior intellect?

Why not just answer the op's question without it turning into a disparaging attack on his/hers grasp of the English language? It is a personal gripe of mine as it doesn't serve any purpose other than to belittle individuals on here and may stop others from getting involved in any of the topics currently in discussion. This is not a direct response to you Glory as at least 3 others have followed suit in ridiculing the OP when all he is doing is seeking out an answer to a question which may or may not have a bearing on another drum corps starting up.

Edited by Britbones
  • Like 8

It depends on what you want. The wise economic advice from Glory was "buy cheap" with a mix match of instruments (Advantage- Expediency in producing Something Now; Disadvantage- fielding Something of Ehh Quality Now and having to completely revamp as things grow); the wise economic advice Garfield was referring to with that new corps Momentum is "due diligence" (Advantage- Patience and not having to go through the revamp stage later on; Disadvantage- waiting years until you can afford to field High Quality from the start). Either way the focus needs to be on wise economic choices.

Why not just answer the op's question without it turning into a disparaging attack on his/hers grasp of the English language? It is a personal gripe of mine as it doesn't serve any purpose other than to belittle individuals on here and may stop others from getting involved in any of the topics currently in discussion. This is not a direct response to you Glory as at least 3 others have followed suit in ridiculing the OP when all he is doing is seeking out an answer to a question which may or may not have a bearing on another drum corps starting up.

Thank you, for pointing out that this Forum needs better manners.

The internet makes it all too easy to act like a ######.

And when they have 5000 posts in 3 years, you know they basically live here.

:-)

• Like 2

I don't know what Glory's actually intentions were but I don't think he was purposely malicious. In my mind running a drum corps is a serious business. Starting up a drum corps involves a lot of responsibility, commitment, and determination. And it may be a little off putting to see that someone who is seeking to start a drum corps doesn't take the time to write his inquiry for information in complete sentences...

just my take on the comment... at the same time no one likes a grammar freak... but...

• Like 3

Why is everything about resell in DCI? Buy some horns and hold on to the things. They are built to last if you take care of them. I won a championship on 12 year old horns so there is no argument. Maybe budgets wouldn't be so high if corps would stop 'upgrading' their equipment every year or two. Then dues skyrocket and everyone is complaining about money.

This is how I understand it. The instrument manufacturers give drum corps a very big price cut to purchase new instruments. Then after the season the corps sell the instruments higher for what they bought it at, but cheaper than wholesale price direct "new" from the manufacturer. So, the idea of "reselling" is actually a revenue stream for the drum corps and alleviates budget deficits. "Resale" is important especially if you're being sponsored by an instrument manufacturer.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

HOW much is the average corp spending on equip looking to start anew but funds are tight should we go with g horns or Bb whats the comparison when it comes to cost I understand that the kids now a days are comfy on the Bb horns any suggestions are welcome

Bottom line is good Gs are hard to find and getting harder. Even if (BIG IF) you could find enough for a small corps, chances are it would be a missed bag of manufacturers which would not be good. Then as you add members and replace horns things would get tighter and more expensive. Even Alumni types and other corps on G are having problems finding Gs.

And to check my intentions I've always (and still) play on G but am a realist.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I'm sorry I offended you and perhaps the OP. I am.

I am not, however, sorry for my posting. It was intended primarly to be humorous. It was also honest in its desire for meeting certain minimum standards to aid our understanding the meaning of this or any other post. Asking for some punctuation and capitalization isn't asking for the King's English. That is the point, which has nothing to do with my intellect, which may or may not be superior to the OP's, yours or anyone else's.

HH

• Like 4

Is there some published schedule I can see where you determined this?

Because it probably says that 100 in three years qualifies you as a troll.

Just saying...what goes around comes around, ya' know?

• Like 3