2011 SCV

Move-ins have happened, and the season is beginning. Can't wait to see SCV at the movies, then at Stanford. This show is going to be super exciting, and I think this could be a great vehicle for them to move up a bit, and really show some people what SCV can do.

Go Vanguard!!!!

• Like 1

It looks like SCV is committed to moving out of the middle of the pack. Full corps move- in was yesterday. This is way earlier than normal. It looks like the staff is doing their best to have the whole show completed in time for the FIRST competition. Hopefully they will have time to do a little cleaning. It sure would be nice to BEAT BD the first time out, rather than be down by 10 points.

Oh, please. Not to nit-pick, but:

6/22/08 BD 75.9, SCV 74.0

6/20/09 BD 76.1, SCV 74.2

6/25/10 BD 77.5, SCV 75.3

Okay.... a little sensitive about the last few years, that's all. :smile: Anyway.....very excited about 2011! I'll be in the movie theater on June 20th, and at Stanford on the 25th! Woo-Hoo, go get 'em SCV!!

• Like 3

I've been told that the Drumline in Denton has put on around 80-90 pages (opener plus a chunk of the ballad), and the rest of the drum corps in Cali has to the end of the opener on (almost caught up with the drums)

Oh, and it snowed a little bit in Cali yesterday.

Edited by wackywords

I stopped by the drumline camp at UNT yesterday and watched several run throughs. These guys are playing incredibly clean for this early and are very fun to watch. The battery is laying down lots of notes typical of Rennick writing, and the front ensemble is smoking with one of the toughest books I've seen in a long time. The show music is extremely exciting and will definitely be fan accessible. If the guard and hornline are on the same level, which I think they will be, SCV will be a serious contender for the title.

The drumline is flying out to California today to join the rest of the corps in cool Weed, CA. Just in time because its getting HOT here in Texas.

Can't wait to see the whole show on June 18 in Ft. Worth.

I stopped by the drumline camp at UNT yesterday and watched several run throughs. These guys are playing incredibly clean for this early and are very fun to watch. The battery is laying down lots of notes typical of Rennick writing, and the front ensemble is smoking with one of the toughest books I've seen in a long time. The show music is extremely exciting and will definitely be fan accessible. If the guard and hornline are on the same level, which I think they will be, SCV will be a serious contender for the title.

The drumline is flying out to California today to join the rest of the corps in cool Weed, CA. Just in time because its getting HOT here in Texas.

Can't wait to see the whole show on June 18 in Ft. Worth.

(like)

Here is a short teaser video from the drumline camp.

My least and favorite things on Youtube! Dr. Beat (least) and That Dog! (Favorite) Brilliant! :worthy:

• Like 1

Best teaser video ever. By far.

This was as infuriating as it was entertaining. Props to you sir! :thumbup: