2011 SCV

Can anyone tell me what the music is that SCV is playing when the battery is standing backfield and not playing? To be more specific it is when the guard goes into a tight circle, then pull each other into a line (tug of war). The brass then silently goes into a company front then plays some of the most glorious music of the season.

Is it Mahler?

Edited by oldbandguy

Can anyone tell me what the music is that SCV is playing when the battery is standing backfield and not playing? To be more specific it is when the guard goes into a tight circle, then pull each other into a line (tug of war). The brass then silently goes into a company front then plays some of the most glorious music of the season.

Is it Mahler?

It is Karl Jenkins' Eternal Knot. It's a wonderful piece of choral music, form his Adeimus 4 album. :thumbup:

Love that piece, ballad of the year!!!!

Any idea what part or song from Eternal Knot? I checked out several "movements/songs" on YouTube and I could find nothing that sounded like the section of the show I'm talking about. Could Eternal Knot be in the part of the show that comes next?

Hey there. The song title is actually "The Eternal Knot", off of the Eternal Knot album. It's the second track on the album.

I can't find any recordings of it on that forbidden website, but I bought the album off of iTunes.

SCV Field Pass

Hey look guys. SCV made the Field Pass today!!!! :thumbup: This provides quite an insight to the show, hope this will help people enjoy it more. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Feel bad for the brass players/runners... wondering weather they are just 'visual clutter'

Feel bad for the brass players/runners... wondering weather they are just 'visual clutter'

I know, but that's just from the field, but she said that from up top, you can tell how it works in. Oh, and it's "whether". Like, I wonder whether the weather will be nice for tonight's shows" :tongue:

SCV Field Pass

Hey look guys. SCV made the Field Pass today!!!! :thumbup: This provides quite an insight to the show, hope this will help people enjoy it more. :thumbup:

"I'm Dan Potter, now, how do I get out of here?"

Hahaha gotta love that guy. Great Field Pass for a great show.

Hey there. The song title is actually "The Eternal Knot", off of the Eternal Knot album. It's the second track on the album.

I can't find any recordings of it on that forbidden website, but I bought the album off of iTunes.

you can download The Eternal Knot on Itunes.

I I agree, it is the best ballad this year.

Edited by srb30a

you can download The Eternal Knot on Itunes.

I I agree, it is the best ballad this year.

Love the whole album. Would probably make some more sense if I could speak Gaelic, but I still think it's beautiful. :thumbup:

Can't wait to see what happens when they pump the volume for the end of the season.... it's going to move the stands I think.