Will the......

I know several corps who have limited their travel this year to mostly local events.

Membership is way down with many of the corps I have chatted with. Expect to see Class A ish numbers with some of the open class corps.

I hate to say it but I expect to see several corps go inactive or fold due to declining membership before this season is open.

Prunes might help..................such negativity.............you really spoke to MANY and SEVERAL corps to get all this? Well aren't you in the know.................

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really spoke to MANY and SEVERAL corps to get all this? Well aren't you in the know.................

I know a great many people in drum corps. Keeping your ear to the ground you hear lots of things.

Its not negative. It reality. In a nutshell..corps are hurting all over. The top 5 corps seem to be on track with membership numbers so I do not see or HEAR of that changing this season. I think where you will see the shake ups is in the lower 5 open class corps and the class A corps. Its March. Time where the rubber meets the road and corps have to set drill numbers based on membership expectations. You will soon be hearing more as the season progresses.

funny...just talked to Cincy tonight. seems they are gaining bodies.

Fran! I must report with first hand knowlege: Turkeys do indeed fly! A flock of wild turkeys in my side yard actually achieved an altitude of two feet! :satisfied:

Or were you drinking "Wild Turkey" and thought you saw some turkeys fly? shutup.gif

"I swear to God, I thought Turkey's could fly!" ~ WKRP in Cincinnati (*edit* Apologies to Jeff, I posted with out reading all of the posts)

(As a hunter (of wild Turkeys, among other wild life) they do indeed fly and a lot higher then two feet.... thumbup.gif)

Edited by TennTux

Or were you drinking "Wild Turkey" and thought you saw some turkeys fly? shutup.gif

"I swear to God, I thought Turkey's could fly!" ~ WKRP in Cincinnati (*edit* Apologies to Jeff, I posted with out reading all of the posts)

(As a hunter (of wild Turkeys, among other wild life) they do indeed fly and a lot higher then two feet.... thumbup.gif)

nope! absolutely sober...... saw wild turkeys fly two feet off the ground for a distance of 50 feet or so. They DO fly... just don't get alot of altitude...apparently....

nope! absolutely sober...... saw wild turkeys fly two feet off the ground for a distance of 50 feet or so. They DO fly... just don't get alot of altitude...apparently....

there is a flock of turkey that hang out in my neighborhood,..............these birds fly very well..............they hang out way up in the trees

Heck..... I'd fly, too, if I had a shotgun pointed at me!!! :tongue:

Heck..... I'd fly, too, if I had a shotgun pointed at me!!! :tongue:

ironically, this is exactly the concept I experienced in Viet-Nam. Funny how being shot at will inspire one to be "fleet of foot" when the situation calls for it! :blink: LOLOL! If I had wings back then....I would have got some serious "air"!