Hop's Alumni Tour 2011

Well, they used to be known as the Madison Explorer Scouts, though I don't know how prevalent the name was among corps fans. Can anyone from that era verify?

In my day, ('59-"63) they were always announced as the Madison Scouts.

RE the Hopkins tour: he should come to Chicago where we could "taunt" the crap out of him in the Holy Name of Garfield.

(And I don't mean to dis the Goose.)

I mean c'mon, after all this man has done to degrade not only The Cadets but Drum Corps as a whole, you still line up at the pig trough? Anyone who supports, reports on, or in any way abides with the Hopkins agenda is an enemy of DRUM & BUGLE Corps! On purely D&B terms, he is the Anti Christ!

I must be misunderstanding you. Surely you're not intending to say that any Cadet alum who is standing by the corps (which George Hopkins is the Director of, of course) is an enemy to drum corps?

Bottom line, historically, Cadets (Holy Name/Garfield/The) Madison Scouts, Cavaliers (Chicago/The) are the only still viable World Class (and that nominator makes me shudder) Corps still up & running. IMO.

Interestingly Madison, to the best of my knowledge, never altered their name.

Well, The Boston Crusaders arn't exactly just small lake fish here either. I mean, something should be said for their dozen consecutive World Class Top 12 finishing years as being "still viable in World Class ". Since 1940, they've been lugging their flags, brass and drums out to Drum Corps competitions, won a few shows,( including national championships when they're were hundreds of Corps in the activity )and before you were even born, AmFlag61.

Edited by BRASSO

RE the Hopkins tour: he should come to Chicago where we could "taunt" the crap out of him in the Holy Name of Garfield.

I mean c'mon, after all this man has done to degrade not only The Cadets but Drum Corps as a whole, you still line up at the pig trough? Anyone who supports, reports on, or in any way abides with the Hopkins agenda is an enemy of DRUM & BUGLE Corps! On purely D&B terms, he is the Anti Christ!

Do you mean in the same fashion that you just degraded my alma mater?

I've reported on his tour by the mere fact that I started this thread. I guess that makes me an enemy of drum corps.

A personal favor: When you write something like that, would you please change your avatar so you don't drag down with your assertions the corps we both marched in?

• Like 4

I must be misunderstanding you. Surely you're not intending to say that any Cadet alum who is standing by the corps (which George Hopkins is the Director of, of course) is an enemy to drum corps?

Pardon me for interpreting your words, but I think AmFlag and those like him go far beyond "standing by the corps" in this accusation. These enemies of drum corps whom he'd crucify so casually include those who merely "abide" Hopkins and his ideas. It's phrasing better found in a fatwah and surely not worthy of the America flag from which he takes his name.

HH

• Like 2

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Man, people would be convinced of a conspiracy from George over the smallest decisions - like, "we are using vanilla pudding this summer".

How about waiting to see what is being done before you say they are "changing" the uniforms?

Nevermind, that would require patience and trust...

BTW, even though I have been involved with the Crossmen and DCI, I will never be an enemy of the corps I marched in. It meant way too much to me to be a part of that corps.

Edited by slitzen62
  • Like 1

Do you mean in the same fashion that you just degraded my alma mater?

I've reported on his tour by the mere fact that I started this thread. I guess that makes me an enemy of drum corps.

A personal favor: When you write something like that, would you please change your avatar so you don't drag down with your assertions the corps we both marched in?

You're not an enemy to Drum Corps, Michael. You are a worthy friend to it. This guy struck out on his comments, as they went beyond the pale in my opinion. His vile comments above are his own and will not be construed in any way, shape or form, as representative of the Cavaliers.... ( the guy apparently carried the American Flag in Corps once. But he didn't seem to learn much from that experience it would appear. Not when it comes to the Freedom of the Press in your " reporting ", here, anyway)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

You're not an enemy to Drum Corps, Michael. You are a worthy friend to it. This guy struck out on his comments, as they went beyond the pale in my opinion. His vile comments above are his own and will not be construed in any way, shape or form, as representative of the Cavaliers.... ( the guy apparently carried the American Flag in Corps once. But he didn't seem to learn much from that experience it would appear. Not when it comes to the Freedom of the Press in your " reporting ", here, anyway)

Thank you.

• Like 1

Bottom line, historically, Cadets (Holy Name/Garfield/The) Madison Scouts, Cavaliers (Chicago/The) are the only still viable World Class (and that nominator makes me shudder) Corps still up & running. IMO.

Interestingly Madison, to the best of my knowledge, never altered their name.

yeah that Boston corps is a bunch of also rans :rolleyes:

Wow, thanks!

Haven't heard such irrational hatred spewed since the last time Fred Phelps made the news.

Go get a hug somewhere dude.

• Like 2