Discussion...should it be censored if it's not what you want to he

2) Would the forum be boring because it would be nothing more than a general back patting and re-affirmation feel good place?

I can't speak for anyone else and I enjoy the give and take of opinion, but in the event the forum was as you described, I'm guessing we would all feel we were in a good place that was reaffirming our back patting.

• Like 2

2) Would the forum be boring because it would be nothing more than a general back patting and re-affirmation feel good place?

Talking to people who agree with you is boring as Hades and you never learn anything new or never exposed to differeing viewpoints. At worst you think you're "right" as everyone around you agrees so any differing viewpoint is wrong. (Extreme example Westboro Baptist Church, idiotic examples "News" shows on cable during primetime that yell over each other)

Talking to people who agree with you is boring as Hades and you never learn anything new or never exposed to differing viewpoints. At worst you think you're "right" as everyone around you agrees so any differing viewpoint is wrong. (Extreme example Westboro Baptist Church, idiotic examples "News" shows on cable during primetime that yell over each other)

I would yell over the Westboro Baptist Church people on a primetime cable news show to let them know I agree with you and believe you should think you are right. :shutup:

• Like 1

I have noticed that some here don't like the idea of a discussion forum where they may have to actually read what other people think about something.

I would tell those people that said that that they can say that because of that thing that they said they didn't like and that's that.

I would yell over the Westboro Baptist Church people on a primetime cable news show to let them know I agree with you and believe you should think you are right. :shutup:

I'm a lost cause Mike according to WBC. Has nothing to do with religion, our former guv said the leader was a nutcase so now all of PA is going to Hades....

Man I've worked with people so liberal they had nervous breakdowns because they worked with an office with "Nuclear" in the title. Then there are the people so right wing they think Charleton Heston was a Pinko (OK slight.. very slight.. exaggeration). Some views may have sicked me but has never been dull.

) Would the forum be boring because it would be nothing more than a general back patting and re-affirmation feel good place?

There is no discussion board in the entire free world that has folks expressing the same views and opinions. So don't fear that such a discussion board would become " boring ". Such a discussion board isn't going to happen. Not in any country that is free, anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Except that's not the reality. Maybe back in the day, DCI set the rules where you had to use G bugles, and electronics were illegal, but if I remember correctly, under current rules, it allows for ANY-KEY! That means, Bb, G, F, whatever you want. If you really were so inclined, you could create a mixed line. And with electronics, there's nothing that says you're required to use them, no judge will ever say you're being scored lower because you don't have a synth.

I would like to see what happened if we saw a corps like Crown or Cavaliers come out next year on G horns and no synth. Would they win? Maybe? Would they drop down to 20th? No way.

Reality is never completely black or white, it's always somewhere in the middle. Opinions are opinions. Everyone has their own.

yep. I'm anti most electronics, because blend sucks and it''s a cheesy crutch. but some uses have been good.

I think my biggest peeve on here is if you don't like someone's show, you're labeled a hater

• Like 3

yep. I'm anti most electronics, because blend sucks and it''s a cheesy crutch. but some uses have been good.

I think my biggest peeve on here is if you don't like someone's show, you're labeled a hater

Haha, don't we know it Jeff. I think the both of us spent all of last summer being called haters or un-educated in one form or another.

What gets someone called a hater is not what they say but how they say it.

sorry i call ######## on that one.

• Like 1