So far, I'm not really liking 2011

in an activity with declining attendance, any marketing is a good thing, and something DCi still doesn't do a lot of or well. if anyone thinks that a staff publicly changing their mind is embarrassing, well, then maybe they are the problem.

But see, what matters is what fans see all summer. Many fans won't have a chance to see it in August. You have to engage those June fans too.

Marketing can be #### tough when you have very little from a definable product to sell.

• 3 weeks later...

Other than one or two shows that have made me raise an eyebrow, I have yet to really see a show that has me wanting to drop $120 for tickets to take my family to see a drum corps show this season. You would figure that since the economy is in the crapper, and because people will be spending less money going to shows, that the designers/corps could figure out a way to market themselves a little better. Wait a minute, this is drum corps, everything has to be dark and evil.

Never mind, carry on.

You and I see things very different. Which is good. The drama coming into the 2011 season is over the top, and I cant wait for it to start. Me and the Fan Network are going to have fun this season. All for 100 bucks or less.