Can SCV beat BD out of the gate?

Has SCV been slow out of the gate recently and if so, maybe the 'new' leadership at SCV wants to change that and make a statement by beating BD early?

I'm sure SCV would rather beat them in August.

BD have hit the ground running in recent seasons, no reason to think that will change this year. Plus I'm sure they'll want that all time winning streak record.

Has SCV been slow out of the gate recently and if so, maybe the 'new' leadership at SCV wants to change that and make a statement by beating BD early?

I think their staff is content with teaching/cleaning the show at their own pace with the goal of being perfect Finals week. While I'm sure it would be nice to beat BD out of the gate and continue beating them all season, the goal is to beat BD at August.

I remember one season BD ten-pointed SCV out of the gate only to have SCV nearly catch them in the end (maybe they did catch 'em: can't remember if that was 97 or 98)

I think the weekend of DCI West/Stockton will be the barometer. Adding two more corps in the Top 6 as well as Academy and Blue Knights- we could be seeing half of the Top 12 at Stanford. Hence, I think after that weekend, moreso than Riverside/Walnut- it will be very telling of whether SCV can overcome.

I think SCV has gained some steam and fire in their collective bellies over the past few years. It all depends on how quickly each corps pulls stuff together. It's certainly feasible.

the full skeleton would have to be on the field, and readable enough to get the book numbers. yes, things will change over the course of the season, but coming out with 2 minutes missing won't help.

I mean in 09 Cadets beat Crown at the very first show standing still for the last minute or so, but at least they played it