Will non TOC corps get a fair shake at Finals?

The TOC provides no advantage for top eight corps that they didn't already have by virtue of their top eight status. Anyone who says otherwise is selling snake oil; don't buy it.

I may or may not agree or disagree with the possibility that your statement above will possibly be revealed at some future date to be true or false. Only time will tell and we will have to wait and see and let things play out and run their course. :ph34r:

I may or may not agree or disagree with the possibility that your statement above will possibly be revealed at some future date to be true or false. Only time will tell and we will have to wait and see and let things play out and run their course. :ph34r:

I can't disagree on the potentiality of the possibility that inference can be drawn from the implications or even the actuality given the proclivity for finding the opportunity, ostensibly, to derive deduction from reality, or at least rationality as it relates to the truth such it can be discerned.

HH

Edited by glory

I can't disagree on the potentiality of the possibility that inference can be drawn from the implications or even the actuality given the proclivity for finding the opportunity, ostensibly, to derive deduction from reality, or at least rationality as it relates to the truth such it can be discerned.

HH

Or, in other words, nobody has a freakin' clue as to how this is going to pan out......

• Like 2

The TOC provides no advantage for top eight corps that they didn't already have by virtue of their top eight status. Anyone who says otherwise is selling snake oil; don't buy it.

Well, then, by your logic, the TOC should be scrapped immediately for the sake of preserving the health of the top eight corps. But for some reason, I don't see you making that suggestion.

Just because the certain corps aren't part of TOC, doesn't mean that they won't get their fair share of competition at Finals. It doesn't matter what "leauge" you are playing in, the judges will judge your corps if they think that the corps has been good enough to make it to finals. As for the topic question, my answer is yes. :thumbup:

Corps participating in the TOC get paid more. That's a revenue-earning opportunity that these corps did not previously have just by virtue of being top-8 corps.

While I have heard that travel costs would be factored into these shows, I haven't seen anything about increased revenue. And since all these events are essentially replacing pre-existing shows, I'm not so sure that participating in a TOC event is going to be a huge windfall for these corps. In fact the revenue model may essentially be un-changed. Three of these events are corps "home shows" -- are those corps going to take a loss on their projected revenue stream because the event is now TOC branded? And all of these shows were on the schedule last season -- so I'm not so sure it's really a "new" revenue opportunity.

Lot's of questions here. Few answers.

While I have heard that travel costs would be factored into these shows, I haven't seen anything about increased revenue.

I think it was stated explicitly somewhere that corps pay for a TOC show appearance would be greater than for a regular show. No actual numbers were given, but the principle was that the corps should get paid more because they are performing/marketing additional material beyond just the competitive field show.

And since all these events are essentially replacing pre-existing shows, I'm not so sure that participating in a TOC event is going to be a huge windfall for these corps. In fact the revenue model may essentially be un-changed. Three of these events are corps "home shows" -- are those corps going to take a loss on their projected revenue stream because the event is now TOC branded?

Take a loss? As we are so often told by the people behind this idea, audiences supposedly just want to see the top corps. Therefore, these TOC show lineups should provide revenue gains for the event hosts. Certainly, that's what the three TOC/G7 corps hosting such shows are expecting.