1988 Bluecoats percussion feature

So, what else should be considered for a greatest brass moments article?

1976 Blue Devils "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor"

1986 Blue Devils "Channel One Suite"

1989 Phantom's NWS closer

Each and every note in 1990 Star of Indiana's book

The "Spanish Fantasy" brass ensemble towards the end of Blue Devils' 1994 show

The Sop solos at the start of Madison's 1996 show

The brass flourish that finishes the "show-off" section of 2000 Cadets

The eerie ballad to Cavaliers 2002

2006 Phantom "Ave Maria"

The simply preposterous brass runs about 5:30 in during Blue Devils' 2010 show.

Phantom's big major chord near the end of Symphony No. 5 in 1996. (You know which one I'm talking about.)

Mike

I was on the field for the finale encore performance at the World Championships Finals and friends in the stands told me when the corps hit that chord, I went crazy and was jumping up and down with my arms in the air. It was an awesome moment.

Phantom's big major chord near the end of Symphony No. 5 in 1996. (You know which one I'm talking about.)

Mike

100% Yes!!! They had an amazing soprano line that year, one of the greatest ever imo.

Also...

Spirit of Atlanta 1980... not the greatest brass line ever but certainly one of the most legendary.

mentioned above... Blue Devils 2010, the runs the brass line did about 5 minutes into the show were spine tingling.

Madison 1988... From the mello solo to the end.

An outside bet... PR 2010 in the tunnels. Like most of the crowd, it made the hairs on my neck stand up.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

Spirit of Atlanta 1982... not the greatest brass line ever but certainly one of the most legendary.

Why, pray tell? No offense, but 82 seems to me to be the least memorable year, perhaps in their entire existence, from an outside perspective anyway. They weren't terrible, just not a particularly memorable show.

Topic?

Suncoast 85, the whole show really, but "The Lick" in particular.

Phantom 96 "Jingle Bells" is pretty great. But I like the tension break in the opener better, at abot 2:20, when they break into major for the first time. Incredible.

Madison 75: Slaughter. The first hit. Marrone.

BD 1988. The sop lick in "That Old Black Magic." Showoffs.

My fave show ever, Phantom 78, with the best opener ever, the Stravinsky medley. Had classical music ever been played that well up to that point in drum corps history?

Where do I send the check? :shutup:

I just listened to it again on FN, it was fun and contrasted with the other parts of the show.

...and done a couple more times from other corps I see. thumbup.gif

Why, pray tell? No offense, but 82 seems to me to be the least memorable year, perhaps in their entire existence, from an outside perspective anyway. They weren't terrible, just not a particularly memorable show.

sorry it was a typo... 1980 :worthy:

I just listened to it again on FN, it was fun and contrasted with the other parts of the show.

...and done a couple more times from other corps I see. thumbup.gif

I love playing Jade, very fun and definitely a contrast to the other parts. Also Jeff, in 1985 parts of the guard marched cymbals (the red ones) for the opener Mars..

• Like 1