The Boston Crusaders 2011

I cannot wait to see BAC, and for some reason I've been on a recent Les Mis addiction, so that mixed with their hornline is already making me happy.

Does anyone know what songs out of Les Mis they are doing?

On Field Pass it is stated they are using many of the "source material" of 1812. Les Miz will not be as prominent I guess as anticipated.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7a596826-541c-4107-999b-e522c4627893

From the field pass, I very much can't wait till Denton this year.

and on top of that, hearing One Day More being played by any drum corps makes me happy, but especially from BAC. (that is one of the greatest songs, ever written to close an act).

It does sound like a big risk, but hey if they can take matrix and mix it with John Mackey, I am all in.

Edited by ohwiseone

Crusaders dress rehearsal on TV tonight. go to www.newhampton.org. The Crusaders are running a tape of their dress rehearsal tonight. Check their website to confirm.

Crusaders dress rehearsal on TV tonight. go to www.newhampton.org. The Crusaders are running a tape of their dress rehearsal tonight. Check their website to confirm.

Yes. Thats my understanding also. Great night. Boston on tv and Bruins on tv game 7 for the cup.thumbup.gif

On Field Pass it is stated they are using many of the "source material" of 1812. Les Miz will not be as prominent I guess as anticipated.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7a596826-541c-4107-999b-e522c4627893

I heard a standstill of the show at their Crusader day at Lakewood Ranch, FL in May. . .Les Mis is certainly the foundation music. 1812 is "spliced" in the phrasing at opportune moments.

Opening is still "I Dreamed a Dream." Of course it's a different treatment, but the first 2 bars at FFF are quite redolent of '89 CBC which imho is a GREAT thing. :) I'm expecting fantastic things out of BAC this summer.

• Like 1

I heard a standstill of the show at their Crusader day at Lakewood Ranch, FL in May. . .Les Mis is certainly the foundation music. 1812 is "spliced" in the phrasing at opportune moments.

Opening is still "I Dreamed a Dream." Of course it's a different treatment, but the first 2 bars at FFF are quite redolent of '89 CBC which imho is a GREAT thing. :) I'm expecting fantastic things out of BAC this summer.

Incidentally, congratulations to the Boston Bruins.

• Like 1

I have their away and home jerseys btw along with Tampa Bay and Oilers of course. If the topic of drum corps and hockey ever comes up in a drum corps thread...nevermind...watched hockey for 50 years, watched drum corps less than 50 :tongue:

Great game last night. Bruins a class act.

For those who have seen Boston this year ,are they as good as I think they are?

All sections of the corps seems better!

Saw them Sunday in Quincy.

Will be going back tonight!