18 Corps in Class A at Dca and counting

With Dca 's growning number of Class A corps it might want to rethink the Finals numbers 4 ClassA and 10 Open that ownly keeps one open class corps out of finals

Cincinnati Traditions *

High Country Brass *

Excelsior *

Govenaries *

Gulf Coast Sound

Shenandoah Sound *

Fushion Core *

So Cal Dream

Vigilantes +

White Sabers *

Windsor regiment *

Tampa Bay Thunder *

Music City Legend+

Chop Inc

Carolina Gold *

Sunrisers *

Grenadiers Kingston Grenadiers will not field a corps this year ,what a loss

Derby City Knights +

Thats a lot more class A Corps than Open Class

Any more word on Arksansa Thunder or the Skyliners ? I know Sun Devils have taken a year off .

Will not field this year +

Edited by Florida Sun

Tampa bay said they are going open class from what I have read. Arkansas thunder I heard a lot from a few months ago. Chops is not coming to finals. I thought I read Music City Legend was remaining in open class (might need a correction here). I also seem to remember SoCal Dream was not coming to finals either. Also Honestly I have heard nothing of Derby City Knights.

I do not speak for any corps so please don't take what I remember to heart. If I am incorrect about any of these corps I hope someone will correct me promptly.

The reason that's been stated for years now about the 4 corps limit is time, and also to encourage these corps to continue to grow their organizations and move up to Open Class in the future.

In short- I agree.

I also think having it that compstitive has really driven these corps to develop their programs very carefully and do some fine work to earn one of the 4 spots.

Lets go Carolina Gold! We have a shot at a great season this year!

Tampa bay said they are going open class from what I have read. Arkansas thunder I heard a lot from a few months ago. Chops is not coming to finals. I thought I read Music City Legend was remaining in open class (might need a correction here). I also seem to remember SoCal Dream was not coming to finals either. Also Honestly I have heard nothing of Derby City Knights.

I do not speak for any corps so please don't take what I remember to heart. If I am incorrect about any of these corps I hope someone will correct me promptly.

Agreed.

There are some other questionable corps on that list to... but I'll wait another month until everyone will declare divisions.

From Vigilantes website:

"The Vigilantes recently made a decision to stay local and not compete in the DCA shows this summer. With the focus on growing our organization, the Management Team along with the staff and members conclude it is in the best interest of the corps to focus on building our local presence and expand the overall organization."

From what I have read on here, and emails from people in many of these.

Here is what I think so far..

Y - yes going to Championships in Rochester ///// N - Not going ///// * don't know - or Pending Eval.

Cincinnati Traditions, Ohio - Y

High Country Brass, Colorado - Y

Excelsior, New York - Y

Govenaries, Minnesota - Y

Gulf Coast Sound, Texas - Y

Shenandoah Sound, Virginia - Y

Fushion Core, New Jersey - Y

White Sabers, New York - Y

Windsor Regiment, New Jersey - Y

Carolina Gold, North Carolina - Y

Sunrisers, L I New York - Y

Grenadiers, Canada - Y

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SoCal Dream - Calif - N

Sun Divils, Florida - N

Vigilantes, Texas - N

Chops Inc. Minn. - N

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music City Legend - Tennessee - *

Arkansas Thunder, - Arkansas - *

Skyliners - New York - *

Lakeshoremen, Michigan - *

------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND, it looks like we have more in our future:

Derby City Knights, Kentucky /// Prarie Sound - Kansas /// Red Knights - Mass. /// Standish Guards - Mass. /// Rocketeers - Alabama, just to name some.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I do KNOW. There will be Changes to the above.

We will find out more as the season gets started in about 40 day's from now.

That things in DCA, ARE progressing at a nice pace. That the DCA foot print is expanding Every year. Making it Better.

I could see a different break down. Maybe an 8 & 5. with a special Exhibition of some sort. Or, 9 & 5 with No Exhibition if Open Class Grows some. I would not want to go too deep in Class A so that maybe they would not want to try Open.

Then also. Remember the people buying Tickets. They will want they Best they can get for their money, I know that the people running DCA are doing a Good job of the decisions they are making now. AND, I am confident they will do what is Best for "DCA as a Whole".

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Agreed.

There are some other questionable corps on that list to... but I'll wait another month until everyone will declare divisions.

Agreed. Too much flakiness to wash out before the list can be accurate and compete.

I have to confess that I get screwed up. Class A is open class in DCI and open class is world class in DCA. Someday I'm going to get that right.