18 Corps in Class A at Dca and counting

For the last two years I got to prelims to see everyone. For some reason Saturday at Championship is always hard for me to get up. But I wanted to see the Class "A". The competition was great. All the corps entertained, there is nothing that being Class "A" is embarrassing.

Gotta second that... maybe I'm just too used to seeing the larger more well known corps but getting so I'm enjoying the Minis and Class A more and more. Still can't figure out how Govies can come out with less than 20 horns and entertain so well. One of the corps I plan my bathroom, food and stretch breaks around.

Did the Skyliners have and/or pass an evaluation yet? I know they had one scheduled, but there haven't been any announcements...

Also, Sixth Street Regiment and Lakeshoremen had both announced at one time they would be competing this year, but I haven't heard much from them since. Anyone have any updates on them?

Not sure on any of the corps you have listed what their status is but usually silence is a bad sign.

Today's computer age and all.... information is shared and past on fast. I usually hear through my network of corps buddies what is going on long before a "official" announcement is in place.

The season is heating up. In the next few days and weeks expect to see more status updates of corps that are declaring class status and or announcing inactive status. Its really that time of the year that separates the men from the boys.

For the last two years I got to prelims to see everyone. For some reason Saturday at Championship is always hard for me to get up. But I wanted to see the Class "A". The competition was great. All the corps entertained, there is nothing that being Class "A" is embarrassing.

Geez, Dick... it's not like you're busy on that Friday or anything!!! :tongue:

Not sure on any of the corps you have listed what their status is but usually silence is a bad sign.

Today's computer age and all.... information is shared and past on fast. I usually hear through my network of corps buddies what is going on long before a "official" announcement is in place.

The season is heating up. In the next few days and weeks expect to see more status updates of corps that are declaring class status and or announcing inactive status. Its really that time of the year that separates the men from the boys.

it's been said Sky's evaluation is soon, so we should hear something as soon as DCA gets to them.

Arkansas Thunder's evaluation is in 2 weeks, and we are confident will pass it for Class A approval.

Looking to field between 45-55 members in year one.

Glad to see yet another class A corps join the pack! As for silence it seems to go one of two ways, either negative (inactive etc.) or they come out and do well.

I'll see you on the 50, :devil:

Still can't figure out how Govies can come out with less than 20 horns and entertain so well.

Dedication to Performance, Pride in the Corps, Fun with the People.

It's what we do. :smile:

No use in dwelling on something you don't have, so be great with what you got.

Dedication to Performance, Pride in the Corps, Fun with the People.

It's what we do. :smile:

No use in dwelling on something you don't have, so be great with what you got.

"The Govies" have a Talent, More smaller Corps need to get.

They Know the "Talent Level" of the people they have.

They Know "how to pick Music" for the "Size" Horn and Drum Line they have.

They Know how "Package it up", with a "Drill that Fits", THEIR "Size and Sound".

They know how to Please, BOTH Judges and Fans.

And they get it Right. Year after year.

So many small Corps try to play Music, and do things, that would be fine for a Larger Corps. But, it does not work with the size Horn and Drum Line no matter how well they play it. Always seems not right some how in sight and sound.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

"Drill that Fits" gets a double yep from me.... Too many smaller corps are waaaay back there and the sound get lost. Or not playing to the front too much and same problem.

And having fun definity comes across.....

OK - Govies story: year or two back my wife got cold at Finals so gave her my heavy jacket and ran to souvie stands for something warmer for me. Bought a older Govies long sleeve t (Get On The Bus). Had my DCP "Guess Who" badge on and four people that night complimented me on the job "my" corps did (don't I wish). Guess the "Guess Who" badge looked too much like a staff pass. :cool:

"The Govies" have a Talent, More smaller Corps need to get.

They Know the "Talent Level" of the people they have.

They Know "how to pick Music" for the "Size" Horn and Drum Line they have.

They Know how "Package it up", with a "Drill that Fits", THEIR "Size and Sound".

They know how to Please, BOTH Judges and Fans.

And they get it Right. Year after year.

So many small Corps try to play Music, and do things, that would be fine for a Larger Corps. But, it does not work with the size Horn and Drum Line no matter how well they play it. Always seems not right some how in sight and sound.

right on,.............I love this corps!