You marched _______, but fantasised about marching ______

My father spent 2 years marching Cavalier's rifle line in the mid-60's, but always fantasized about marching snare.

My brother spent 3 years marching Cavie's euphonium, but always fantasized about marching soprano with BD.

I spent half a summer marching Black Knights on cymbals, and 7 years with BD in the drumline, but could never entirely shake the pipe dream of marching Madison's rifle line in the early 80's.

Were we the only ones?????

I think every brass player has to fantasize about marching lead sop at BD... maybe just a little bit, but the appeal is always there.

Then again the same appeal applies is there for marching contra at PR. ;)

Edited by I play the baritone good

Troopers drum major?!?!?!? Ohhhhhh, that's a good one!!!!! Seriously, that, or 27th's drum major. Either one woulda been totally t*ts!!!!

But seriously, I was raised by a Cavalier FMM rifle, so I learned how to spin an aluminum baseball bat before I ever learned how to do a clean paradiddle or double stroke roll.

Thankfully, I succeeded in making so much racket on a stew pot, dad was obliged to buy my a Gladstone pad and a pair of Rob Carson sticks, so I found my niche.

But those rifle guys...sheesh....I'd have LOVED that kind of chick worship.

I'm just sayin, man......

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon

I marched Freelancers but wanted to march Santa Clara. I made the auditions in '84 for the pit, but sadly could not make the commitment because of my mother being ill/sick in L.A. WAH!

well I marched at bluecoats in the mid 80's mostly on Bass, and about the only thing I would have dreamed of would have been to be in the SCV bass line during that time.

what if you played what you wanted to play where you wanted to play?

• Like 2

what if you played what you wanted to play where you wanted to play?

Well, I guess that would be a different thread.

• Like 2