You marched _______, but fantasised about marching ______

I marched in '84 and '85 VK, but often fantasize about marching in '87 and '88 VK. ;0

Edited by BigDale

I marched Cadets 07 and HNC 09, but fantasized about marching in the SCV cymbal line. Pick any year.

• Like 1

I marched high school band in 1997, I wish I was old enough in 1997 to march Blue Devils that year.

For some reason, I feel the need for an addendum here...

I was, and remain, exceedingly happy for the years I spent marching with my corps, as did my brother and father, both of whom were initiated Cavaliers and remain immensely proud of that.

In fact, my younger brother, now a career soldier on his fifth tour of duty in the war, makes it a point to bring his corps jacket and buckle each time he's deployed.

My silly OP was simply meant to reflect the impact that the Madison rifle line had upon me as a kid, so I sincerely hope nobody is under the impression that I somehow wish I had marched somewhere else, cause that darn sure isn't the case.

Madison's rifle line was, indeed, the shiz-nit, but I'm much happier with my rings, thank you very much. :smile:

Just wanted to clear that up...

I used to fantasize about marching in summer tour beside Madonna when she was in the Bridgemen.

But now I'm married and my wife will only let me dream of beating a bass drum beside Joy Behar.

Edited by BRASSO

Marched Lead Soprano in Glassmen.

Wished I marched Lead Soprano in Madison Scouts... even though we beat them...

Marched Blue Stars, fantasised about marching Star of Indiana.

• Like 1

I had the opportunity to move to Santa Clara and march in my dream corps. I made that decision in 1981 and then acted on it in 1985. However, as a teenager I spent a lot of time dreaming about playing bari for 27th Lancers, Freelancers, and Spirit of Atlanta. LOVED them all. For some reason Suncoast was off my radar when I was young, but once I got to SCV and started competing against them they became a hornline I would have loved to have been a part of.

I had Connexion Quebec envy too. A former all girl corps that changes their name in the 80s and added guys. FULL of French Canadian hotties. I can only imagine how much fun the guys in that corps had. :)

...but I marched my dream corps.

I confess I marched my dream corps, in my dream section....I'm just a lucky SOB. :satisfied: