The most overrated shows of the 90's

Them fighting words.. I think that maybe one of the most underrated shows of all time... Still think it was the best drill ever written.

I think '98 Cadets is underrated the same level BD is hated for the past few years. It was an amazing show performed VERY WELL! People have a hard to getting into the show, so it is under-appreciated! I LOVE that show so much! I've the privilege to say I saw it live, and the recordings do not do that horn line justice!

Curious to hear about these.

I used to have a bootleg recording of early season Cadets '93. It's probably still around somewhere...

There were some really cool parts in the brassline during the first half of the show. I went to see them in Massillon, OH early season ( which is where the bootleg is from) after seeing Star a week earlier at a different show... I spent the summer listening to the early season recording and having the memorized. By finals, they had chopped most of my favorite parts out of the show and sort of ruined it for me. It was cleaner, of course, but really loss the magic of the earlier arrangement. Oh well, some day I may look for the cassette and convert it to an mp3.

I think '98 Cadets is underrated the same level BD is hated for the past few years. It was an amazing show performed VERY WELL! People have a hard to getting into the show, so it is under-appreciated! I LOVE that show so much! I've the privilege to say I saw it live, and the recordings do not do that horn line justice!

Just watched it after reading this thread. God, what a great show! Talk about runnin' and gunnin'.

Reminds me why at one time they were hands-down my favorite corps.

Whatever year BD did that abomination mash-up of Tchaikovsky and Bernstein...what, 98?

As for 93 - the corps that whipped the audience silly was Phantom. So if we're dealing with a 93 sub-thread of over-ratedness...I'd have to say Cadets...that show left me so flat after Phantom drained all the 'whoo-hooo' from the crowd.