The "Chase Fatigue" cool-down thread

Yeah, it's the last day, and yeah, we're all getting weary from the constant plugs.

However, you already voted (right?), so let's have some fun: what would you do for drum corps (whether it be a specific corps, a circuit, or something else) with 500,000 dollars? :smile:

I would shave my head. I love my hair!

I would tweet and give live updates from all 30+ shows I'm going to this year!

If my favorite corps won 500K or 400K!

Edited by boxingfred

Heh.

Okay, let's try it again. :tongue:

This isn't a place to push Chase; we've got plenty of threads for that. It's more about if you had the dollars yourself: what would you do to help drum corps?

Start a corps?

Donate it all to a circuit?

Give it a specific corps?

Seed several different startups?

Donate it contingent on a corps dropping amps/adding guitars/etc?

Donate it contingent on a corps playing a certain chart/encore tune?

etc . . .

I'd be tempted to put it all in a trust in interest bearing accounts, with the provision the principle could not be touched. The interest would go each year towards helping out corps members who are in a degreed program to become instrumental music educators AND who can prove a severe financial hardship in paying for college if they were to continue marching their final years.

That way we can help keep in the activity some of our brightest prospects who will one day be teaching future instrumentalists about drum corps and encouraging them to join a corps.

• Like 4

That's cold Bawker But, I understand.

Edited by boxingfred

That's cold Bawker But, I understand.

Certainly not meant to slight the fundraising push in any way, but I figure we should probably have a "shelter from the storm" thread for everyone who voted already. :smile:

I would put the money in an account like described above and use the interest for starting a 'beginners' drum corps. Little kids. Kids that dont have music in school. Kids who are willing to learn music and how to play an instrument in the colder months and learn how to march (drills and parades) in the warmer months. Free concerts for the neighborhood to show off what is learned. Would need some volunteer help and some fundraising for day to day expenses, but the base money would be there.......

As the beginners group idea catches on, other cities would do the same thing and we could have mini-competitions and even a regional tour.

Once in a while a former beginner would come back to the group and hold a workshop on how they 'moved up' to the big corps. Inspirational.

I would divvy it up amongst Blue Devils caption heads under the agreement that they teach exclusively at Pioneer for the next three seasons.

• Like 2