The "Chase Fatigue" cool-down thread

I would bite into a Klondike Bar! :laughing:

Seriously, this is something I've thought about for a long time. My dream - once

I get super wealthy from selling my paintings - is to donate several Million to

my favorite Corps, starting with my own, the Madison Scouts. I would set it up

like Bill Strait did - the Corps is allowed to draw off the interest every year

for expenses, but cannot touch the principal. That way, it will always be there.

In the mean time, since I'm not exactly wealthy yet, I try to set aside profits from several paintings to donate each year. It's not been much, but every little bit helps!

Edited by madalumni

I'd pay Will Pitts $50,000 to run onto the field at finals and spear PRs DM while the crowd shout "I am spartacus"... just for old times sake!

The other $450,000 I'd put into my personal roller coaster fund....

OR... I'd just split it between The Regiment & Teal Sound because I like them best.

The other $450,000 I'd put into my personal roller coaster fund....

That ad is a combination of several of my long time dreams, I’ve been a huge advocate for Roller Coasters as public transportation in urban areas using buildings as supports

To the OP and with regards to corps

There would be a Slurpee Day or two for a few corps

A buy off to not use amps for some corps, maybe a few extra bucks for a play list

But mostly, I’d pay a corps to allow me to paint gun their ticks during shows. I’m old, I watch ticks, I like to call them out

spacing error *splat*

sloppy hands *splat*

bad cut-off *splat* splat* splat*

Man, that’d be’d sweet, they’d be no 99s

• Like 1

But mostly, I’d pay a corps to allow me to paint gun their ticks during shows. I’m old, I watch ticks, I like to call them out

spacing error *splat*

sloppy hands *splat*

bad cut-off *splat* splat* splat*

Man, that’d be’d sweet, they’d be no 99s

:thumbup:

1. 50k 1 or 2 tractor trailers to house mobile Drum Corps Museum that would set up at a few regional and finals each season. I'm sure donations would fill them nicely.

2. 150k Instruments, truck and food truck for loan to starter corps. Present your proposial and if chosen you get to borrow the equipment your first year out, while you get everything up and running. Possibly two starter set-ups, for Open Class corps.

3. 100k No interest loan fund for marching corps. Priority to age outs and financially strapped kids. Pay back in 5-10 years. Defaults would count against the corps you marched in, to many defaults and particular corps would not receive more loans. All funds repaid would go back in the kitty. Donations accepted. Would you donate 1000 bucks if you knew it was going to be used over and over?

4. 125k to DCI to use as they see fit or promotion of Open Class.

5. 75k for research into the activity. Can we tour greener? Can we start after June 1st and still produce excellence (shorter season)? Should the kids wear sunscreen and earplugs? Can we get away from million dollar budgets and start re-using uniforms and flags? Will regional corps work? Solar panels? Etc.

1 or 2 tractor trailer combos won't cost $50k....a brand new truck by itself would run 100-120k...not counting the trailer, which would be about 25k brand new. Of course you could buy used, then you're looking at about $150k for 2 used trucks and trailers. But I still really like that idea.

Hire these guys to fundraise for DCI:

501005-lil-jon-john-rich-617-409.jpg

How much did Jeff pay to get his name on that guitar?

• Like 1

i'd buy hrothgar a complete line of g horns, and provide as much infrastrucure as possibe for him to start a corps.

it would have to be a corps with a name that starts with "G," of course, but other than that.....

• Like 2

i'd buy hrothgar a complete line of g horns, and provide as much infrastrucure as possibe for him to start a corps.

it would have to be a corps with a name that starts with "G," of course, but other than that.....

I'd scoot the money to the right people in order to block this project! :tongue: :tongue: