Hatred in drum corps

Personally I think the internet has brought about an age of bashers who speak out against all walks of life, careers, sports teams, nations, politicians, sexual orientations, religious beliefs, music, movies and brands of laundry detergent. My PERSONAL opinion is that the majority are compassionate and personable and type things they would never say or act on. Some are too lazy to ever do anything but gripe and many are mimicking blow-hards like Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh.

It's for this reason I mostly try to avoid ever arguing or flaming anyone on here.

I've also grown to realize I don't have to convince someone else that I'm right to feel my opinions or beliefs are valid.

Edited by Wadep66

• 2 weeks later...

No. Booing is wrong. The end. What GH did was not wrong; the booing was. The end.

" hating " something in Drum Corps has been around since the Brittish shot at the snare drummer at Lexington- Concord in 1775, so its not going away totally. We all learn to deal with the haters in Drum Corps in our own ways. For example, any person or persons that proposes the death of a dozen other Corps because ( quote ) " they no longer serve a useful purpose " immediately comes off my future Christmas Card mailing list. Thats how I handle some of Drum Corps activity " haters" in our midst anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

" hating " something in Drum Corps has been around since the Brittish shot at the snare drummer at Lexington- Concord in 1775, so its not going away totally.

SO, Sir Brasso, is this the reason the Continatal Army allowed musicians to wear RED uniform coats ? While it's known that the original colors of the Cont Army was supposed to be brown, once the French started donating uniforms, the blue coats were adopted by most colonies and was voted on by the Cont. Congress. General Washington saw fit to have different colored linings of the coats to show which colony they were from. However, I've never been able to trace the origins of the musicians being put into RED coats, and while it was rumored that it was a signal to the British that these were indeed musicians and not armed, (so please don't shoot them), I'd love to actually have a link to the facts regarding this.

"don't blame me, I'm with the band"

SO, Sir Brasso, is this the reason the Continatal Army allowed musicians to wear RED uniform coats ? While it's known that the original colors of the Cont Army was supposed to be brown, once the French started donating uniforms, the blue coats were adopted by most colonies and was voted on by the Cont. Congress. General Washington saw fit to have different colored linings of the coats to show which colony they were from. However, I've never been able to trace the origins of the musicians being put into RED coats, and while it was rumored that it was a signal to the British that these were indeed musicians and not armed, (so please don't shoot them), I'd love to actually have a link to the facts regarding this.

hmnn.. good question, " The Other Mike ". I'm drawing a blank on the uni colors and what the bad guys and good guys, musicians wore at the time. I do know that it didn't matter what unis and colors The Kingsmen wore in 1775. The Kingsmen in 1775 wore Redcoats, but they soon were made to march straight back to King George.

( No... not THAT King George,... silly ).

I believe the point was missed completely here. Call me crazy.