Hatred in drum corps

No. Booing is wrong. The end. What GH did was not wrong; the booing was. The end.

Doing something that would PO a good percentage of the people in the stands (by showing what could be perceived as disrespect to them) is not wrong?

And for the record I don't boo what I don't like. I just don't spend money and my time on it.

As for hatred between corps, getting PO'ed at a corps ahead of you can be a good thing as it pumps you up to beat 'em. Just remember to drop it after retreat is over (until the next show). Have a bunch of "bus songs" about other corps BITD and lot of the other corps members like to hear them now.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

No. Booing is wrong. The end. What GH did was not wrong; the booing was. The end.

again, two wrongs do not make a right.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure my view on booing needs no reinforcement here....but, I will only suggest that booing a mulit-million dollar paid athlete entering the opposition's stadium is acceptable behavior and part of the "physic". Booing a corps, and by extension the young performers who are paying for the opportunity to march a corps for the summer, performing their very best within the given design architecture, is at least in unbelievably bad taste and at worst...destructive in its intent. It can't be parsed, it can't be isolated, it can only be viewed as it is....a gutteral vocalization of displeasure that is wholely out of place when done in relation to a corps performance or outcome.

Having said that, I was in Pasadena and I think what GH did when he bowed in response to the booing was to artificially direct the booing on to HIMSELF (and away from his corps performers). It was genius!

• Like 3

again, two wrongs do not make a right.

The crux of your disagreement....you think GH was wrong, he does not.

• Like 2

As an adult fan the idea that I, or any adult fan, would hate any single corps seems so ridiculous to me that it is laughable.

As a teenage marching member, sure, I would toss around the word "hate" in the competitive sense. In the Black Watch we hated The Cascades. In the Marauders we hated The Argonauts and The Spartans. In SCV we hated BD and Garfield. We were ultra competitive kids who wanted to win and didn't have the maturity to filter our language and choose appropriate words. However, even then, it was only about the competition between the lines. Although we wanted to win very badly we were still able to enjoy the camaraderie the activity offered and every time I had the opportunity to meet and socialize with peers from other corps (all corps) it was a great experience.

• Like 3

The crux of your disagreement....you think GH was wrong, he does not.

many of those that booed didn't feel they were wrong either.

• Like 3

I hate when so called drum corps nuts must add as part of their post, a large image that takes up the space of three normal posts. But thats just me..................

• Like 3

I hate when so called drum corps nuts must add as part of their post a large image that takes up the space of three normal posts. But that's just me....

...or, replying to each & every single rebuttal in one multi-page thread to tack on another 20 posts to their post count.