Troop2011

The numbers in the recap are not what I'm used to seeing. 9th in brass, 10th in percussion, 6th in music ensemble. Is that "call it like it is?" or judges watching different shows? The only way I can read it is "Dear Troopers. You play pretty badly, but your book is so easy that it's clean."

When you hear it in person you'll see/hear for yourself. I certainly didn't feel anyone plays badly. Is there individusl dirt on the field for the field judges? You betcha. In any case, I haven't seen how the sheets are devised, but I do not think what you characterize above is the message. The message is, IMO: You guys have really worked to bring consistency of blend, tone and timing to the full range of your show, top to bottom, now clean up your individual performance captions."

That's what I see/hear when I see the show. Easy? No, not any more or less than our direct contenders. It's just not "Look - here's where we play our super-lightning-fast split-section brass run, and we'll make sure to put in a visual to emphasize it! And look, here's where our percussion section is ramming notes - look how hard it is! See them???? YES!" It's just not that kind of show - on purpose. If people take a seriously pointed look at the musical integration of this show, that is where the difficulty portion lies. IMHO of course. :smile:

When you hear it in person you'll see/hear for yourself. I certainly didn't feel anyone plays badly. Is there individusl dirt on the field for the field judges? You betcha. In any case, I haven't seen how the sheets are devised, but I do not think what you characterize above is the message. The message is, IMO: You guys have really worked to bring consistency of blend, tone and timing to the full range of your show, top to bottom, now clean up your individual performance captions."

I guess it's a chicken vs. egg argument. But I don't see how you can achieve ensemble blend if you have a lot of individual problems. I say "a lot" because the numbers for performance are so low.

Go Troopers! Have a great show tonight. We are watching from Casper! Go Team!

Good morning Troop2011 thread. I kept searching for you under "Troopers" and couldn't find you. I wonder if you need a fixed title.

Im' so tired, so forgive me if I'm a bit goofy. Stayed up wayyyyy too late with alums and now it's time to feed 140 or so hungry Troopers.

Last night's show was incredible. Yeah, I'll be honest: the recaps are annoying me - not the placement, just the recaps. Snare line was hot, battery was on, hornline was gorgeous, guard projected so well. So when we get dinged in captions I just have to sigh and say one thing: when the crowd is going nuts, and when you know you have had pretty much the show of your life so far this summer, the scores will never, ever take that away from you. So I'm jealous, because YOU get to perform THIS SHOW!!!!

I LOVE THIS SHOW. I am in awe of what you are doing, Troopers. It is beautiful, and I thank you for making it that way. The saber salute at the Infinity Chord made us old timers go nuts - and we weren't alone, and then there was THE FLAG. Thank you Fred Morris and Co!!!!!

Last night's show was incredible. Yeah, I'll be honest: the recaps are annoying me - not the placement, just the recaps.

I thought Troopers looked great last night. But I agree re the recaps, not just for Troopers, but across the board I don't really understand them. And yet, things still worked out about how everyone expected, which is also boring. :w00t:

I thought Troopers looked great last night. But I agree re the recaps, not just for Troopers, but across the board I don't really understand them. And yet, things still worked out about how everyone expected, which is also boring. :w00t:

yeah, there some interesting details in there. Re Troop: The kids feel like they had a GREAT show, except for a few sections who had some issues from their perspective. They're ready to get back to work tomorrow!

I missed the infinity chord. Darn! I think u guys have a great show. I am hoping for a 5 way tie for twelfth spot.

Wow. Troopers are on the brink of making finals and this thread is all the way on page 7. Come on fans and alumn. Let's see some words of encouragement or criticism...anything. I know there are a whole lot of fans out there. let's hear it.

Go Troop

Edited by bearwy

Come on Troop! Pull a few old-school rehearsals, lock up the mp3 players, cellphones and computers and kick some serious ###! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: