2011 Prediction Thread!

many many comparisons..i remember even saying back in the day....ooo dci did this so it a go ahead for dca...i shouldnt have posted without a list of years and examples...sorry...i was literally born into the activity but dont comprise detailed accounts of everything in my past....just me..i love my history and my families but live in the now as much as i can

bad me :shutup: sorry jeff

well i was born into to it too, but as I look back over the records online, I don't really see anything that says "hmm DCi did this, so DCA did too"

here's a question...

how many people think the title is decided by the new entertainment sheets?

• Like 1

here's a question...

thats what I got to thinking about. it does not seem to be doing too much as far as open class goes but I think that might be why class A corps are doing so well? just a thought.

• Like 1

It's pretty easy to see MBI's entire show. DCI posted the whole thing free on the Fan Network:

http://dci.thefannetwork.org/?vod_id=770ad2d9-4a94-4c91-b4dc-849c78a30431&mode=viral

It's early in the season (July 17), missing about 15 people (most of them horns) and later visuals/music, but it still shows that the corps rarely stands still and is often booking when it's on the move.

I was at that show. I didn't think MBI's hornline projected very well yet. But, OMG, I was gassed by the second tune (Charlie Mingus' "Children's Hour"). Watch that a couple of times, from about the 6:00 mark until 8:15 or so. And I thought the drill was superb for that tune.

I've enjoyed watching what MBI has done with the guard for Vahalla. The man who portrays the Viking King has been with the corps for many years and is perfect for the role. And, he plays the crazy antler horn pretty good, too!

Wish I could be in Rochester for the shows. It should be a fun weekend regardless of the outcome.

Moving and not crashing into each other is a real plus.

Then again, how many of the people crashing into each other in the shows we have seen are new marchers? I still think that DCA is interesting as the beginning of the season is rough, then the groups get clean, then add new marchers and get rough again, and finally clean up right at the end. I think groups outside the top 5 are in this boat almost every year.

here's a question...

The communication column hasn't been a factor the whole year so I'm thinking it wont play a major role this weekend either. I've noticed the points awarded in this caption always mirror the placements of the programs that night anyway (I.E- No corps has placed higher in this caption than their overall placement for the evening). If it comes down to 10ths between MBI and Bucs than it could play a part.

As far as the changes to the rest of the sheet, I don't see it playing a significant role at all.

here's a question...

Don't think it'll have too much of an effect at the top between 1 and 2 since they'll probably be within a tenth of each other in that caption, but lower down it could have some sway in the 3 to 5 range because those corps are a little closer together.

The communication column hasn't been a factor the whole year so I'm thinking it wont play a major role this weekend either. I've noticed the points awarded in this caption always mirror the placements of the programs that night anyway (I.E- No corps has placed higher in this caption than their overall placement for the evening). If it comes down to 10ths between MBI and Bucs than it could play a part.

As far as the changes to the rest of the sheet, I don't see it playing a significant role at all.

let's be honest....at very few shows has the spread between #1 and #2 been close enough to really allow it to be a difference maker.

This weekend is where it could come into play

• Like 1