The Stars At Night , Are Big And Bright ...

We're Ready -- Are The Corps Ready ??  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps will debut with a complete show?

• BD
    • Cavies
    • Bluecoats
    • Crown
    • Cadets
    • PR
    • SCV
    • Blue Stars
  2. 2. Who will win in Saginaw?

• BD
    • Cavies
    • Bluecoats
    • Crown
    • Cadets
    • PR
    • SCV
    • Blue Stars
  3. 3. Which show will be the most controversial?

• BD
    • Cavies
    • Bluecoats
    • Crown
    • Cadets
    • PR
    • SCV
    • Blue Stars

I saw Cavies first show in 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2010. In 06 and 08 they had impressive starts, not so much the past 2 years.

Cadets had a very good start last year, it just didnt go anywhere but yes, back in the day, their shows had a lot of room to grow due to demand. Feel that 2010 was a safe visual after that monster in 2009 (that they never properly cleaned) after that limited run through I just watched, it looks like another safe drill (but effective…plus they normally go nuts in the closer so well see)

Blue Devils, cant say, I never see them early and SCV is usually so late to the gate BUT often closer to BD at the start then any other time of the season I dont think of them as a fast out of the gate, more a wild card for when they meet up with other powerhouse corps that year

Dont know anything special about Bluecoats but going back to the well that bumped you up doesnt usually pay-off even with the bigger, louder version (which is how I read this show) - they got a free pass on a lot of things last year as the underdog but mainly electronics I expect them to push that up too, blow their tasteful balance (the majority opinion, not mine) and then be called on it. The will face a lot more scrutiny this year, just to maintain they will have to really up their game

Really, just speculation and Im probably wrong, all in good fun

Edited by cowtown

I saw Cavies first show in 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2010. In 06 and 08 they had impressive starts, not so much the past 2 years.

Cadets had a very good start last year, it just didn't go anywhere but yes, back in the day, their shows had a lot of room to grow due to demand. Feel that 2010 was a safe visual of that monster in 2009, that they never properly cleaned – after that limited run through I just watched, it looks like another safe drill (but effective…plus they normally go nuts in the closer so we'll see)

Blue Devils, can't say, I never see them early and SCV is usually so late to the gate BUT often closer to BD at the start then any other time of the season – I don't think of them as a fast 'out of the gate', more a wild card for when they meet up with other powerhouse corps that year

Don't know anything special about Bluecoats but going back to the well that bumped you up doesn't usually pay-off even with the bigger, louder version (which is how I read this show) - they got a free pass on a lot of things last year as the underdog but mainly electronics – I expect them to push that up too, blow their 'tasteful' balance (the majority opinion, not mine) and then be called on it. The will face a lot more scrutiny this year, just to maintain they will have to really up their game

Really, just speculation and I'm probably wrong, all in good fun

I'm hoping the Bloo Crew don't overdue it with the amps, that would be a major turn in the wrong direction (coming from a young fan like myself!).

If last season was any indication, Crown was LIGHTS OUT good in the early going.

Who will win? That's tough....no west coast inflation...so we shall see that theory played out, too.

To the one poster, there are two reasons the shows will be complete:

1. They have only had 9 weeks of move-ins. [\sarcasm]

2. They are competing against all the other top corps from last year in World Class and each staff is likely pushing very hard not to be that corps.

Phantom's show will be plenty controversial. Why? Lacrimosa + really lame electronic drum kit groove. Just saw in on some other site. Really hope they take out the house beat from behind a truly beautiful melody. Right now it's just painful to listen too.

Phantom's show will be plenty controversial. Why? Lacrimosa + really lame electronic drum kit groove. Just saw in on some other site. Really hope they take out the house beat from behind a truly beautiful melody. Right now it's just painful to listen too.

I have to agree, that was my only real complaint about the show, other than those 10 seconds, it'll be plenty awesome.

I have to agree, that was my only real complaint about the show, other than those 10 seconds, it'll be plenty awesome.

Not saying the rest of the show won't be awesome. Elsa's as the closer will be very emotional come finals night, but it only takes 10 seconds to make people B**** and moan for hours and hours. Here's hoping they pull it. Didn't seem to make much musical sense to have it there in the first place.

• Like 2

whoever scores highest wins