Crossmen 2011

I am really hoping they can break into the Top 12 this year or at least bump up from their placement last year. I attended a lot of their spring training ensemble practices. Great drill and music. What does surprise me are the tempos. Not quite intense. Except at the end. But they sound AMAZING!!!!!!

Will the administration let the members know their scores from the rain out? I would love to hear how their scores looked and improved.

score moved up to 63.7 way to go. now if we can just keep the momentum.

Keep rollin' Bones! Those judges will eventually catch up and catch on to what you are putting out there!

Proud of you!

Crossmen,

Thank you for a WONDERFUL show tonight in Arlington, VA. Please do not be discouraged by the scores. You are light years better than last year at this time, and your design is incredible. Also, you are unique with that flugel line! IIt adds a special color to YOUR corps this year.

Keep chugging along and gaining fans! You're on the way back up. Thanks for a very entertaining show!

There's a video of their encore at Arlington on TSTSNBN.

I was at the show. The corps looked and sounded good. Still have some cleaning to do, but they were louder than Boston, and had one of the most entertaining shows of the night.

There's a video of their encore at Arlington on TSTSNBN.

I was at the show. The corps looked and sounded good. Still have some cleaning to do, but they were louder than Boston, and had one of the most entertaining shows of the night.

I know the guy who uploaded the video. He brought a pair of drum corps n00bs to the show, and the looks on their faces were absolutely priceless.

Also re: tempos - I can only imagine that Ursa Major is going to get brought up by about 10 or 20 clicks by midseason. I distinctly remember that we did the same thing with our opener in 02... brought it up from like 150-155 to 168 bpm. Muscle memory just has to kick in - the instinct to flat-out PERFORM is there, though.

It looks like the drumline has a female tenor and two female basses, can anyone confirm? Corps looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing them in Bristol.

• Like 1

It looks like the drumline has a female tenor and two female basses, can anyone confirm? Corps looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing them in Bristol.

Confirmed

Just listened to the encore from Virginia! They have improved a lot. I have been at several of the spring trianing camps and heard it back then and now it is so much better! Tuning was vastly improved. There is power and the groove is back. Go bones! BTW, I am not partial and that isnt my son, fourth contra from the left! (lol) Go Matt!

• Like 1