Who's taking Drums

Who's taking Drums  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to get the Fred Sanford title this year

Discuss.

I know winning drums is heavily based on how high the corps places, but just an initial guess.

No it isn't Phantom won drums last year and placed 6th, and there have been bigger spreads than that before. I picked Cavies, I think it is their year for a percussion title.

Discuss.

I know winning drums is heavily based on how high the corps places, but just an initial guess.

There are many corps missing. Nobody knows how good the "other" top 12 corps lines are shaping up.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 2

I voted Cavies too, altho it would be awesome if Phantom managed to do it again after such a shakeup and turnover in percussion!

My close seconds are Blue Devils and SCV.

...and, of course, the poll could be entirely WRONG and a corps that finished 9th or below in 2010 MIGHT win both the percussion award and pop into the top 8!!!!

Edited by rkfdPRphan
  • Like 1

As I stated earlier - you left out all the other lines. If you are going strictly on the top lines from last year (plus SCV because of the obvious changes) I'd have to vote:

1. SCV

2. BlueCoats

3. Cavies

4. BD

5. Cadets

The others shouldn't be on the list

• Like 2

No it isn't Phantom won drums last year and placed 6th, and there have been bigger spreads than that before. I picked Cavies, I think it is their year for a percussion title.

I feel like that was a big deal because it usually ends up like that. Phantom was just so much better than everyone else, they had to win.

Anyway, I believe Bluecoats are going to take it. I saw a video of their percussion feature (I think), and it's absolutely incredible. All I can say is... sooo many notes. I saw Vanguard's drumline last Saturday. They're really good, but I don't think as good as Bluecoats will be. But I haven't seen Bluecoats live, so take it for what it's worth.

SCV has Rennick, sure, and that means some nasty beats, but they don't have a whole lot of vets from Phantom or SCV. I think it's a stretch to throw two different teams together (SCV vets + Phantom vets) in a new house and predict a title out of it. I think SCV's percussion program will get great eventually, but not yet. (I'd love to be proven wrong!)

I know a lot of people in Cavies percussion, so if they won I'd also be psyched, but, again, it's their first season at Cavies -- it's not a vet-heavy line. They've been playing together for a while, so I think it's slightly more likely, but still not the highest chance for me.

Bluecoats, though, I know to be stacked. Eight of nine snares or whatever, a great majority of the pit, and more delicious writing. That's where my vote is.

Also I won't pretend to know anything about BD or Cadets, because I don't.

Edited by Stryfe

As I stated earlier - you left out all the other lines. If you are going strictly on the top lines from last year (plus SCV because of the obvious changes) I'd have to vote:

1. SCV

2. BlueCoats

3. Cavies

4. BD

5. Cadets

The others shouldn't be on the list

Not a drummer at all... but Crown's been 5th ,2nd , 4th the past three years. Last year early season I think they'd beaten everyone they'd seen at least once (even Phantom I think) but then things kind of fell apart with all the injuries.

Exactly why don't they belong on the list?

whoever scores highest on that sheet

• Like 1