DCPI season 16 discussion thread

and the Knights will be there to treat their Northeast fans! Half of Portland will be driving to Nashua!!! Expect delays on 101 and the Everett Pike!!!

Hopefully you get a better reception than LeBron got when he went back to Cleveland. It would really suck to be hearing "Bangor hates you" chants during the whole 12 minutes of your show. :lol:

Getting ready to get back to the states! Watch out Ann Arbor, here we come.

Edited by ccollins792

Hopefully you get a better reception than LeBron got when he went back to Cleveland. It would really suck to be hearing "Bangor hates you" chants during the whole 12 minutes of your show. :lol:

I have a feeling they are sensing our southern adventure will be short lived...I think the KNights might be relocating back to the northeast after 2011

For real. Have they explained why they're not listing drum scores any more?

Today's events:

Southern corps try to avoid melting in the Mississippi heat when they visit Madison Central HS, just north of Jackson:

JacksonMSMadisonCentral7000.jpg

After a couple of larger venues, European corps return to some more intimate performing confines in Lubeck Germany:

LubeckGermanyLohmuhleStadion6000.jpg

For this season's Grand Rapids MI show, midwest corps again return to Grandville HS:

GrandRapidsMIGrandvilleHS6000.jpg

Western corps pay a visit to the high plains of Casper WY:

CasperWYNatronaHS3000.jpg

For real. Have they explained why they're not listing drum scores any more?

I havent seen a thing and I was trying to figure that out the other day. and what is up with the total visual score? its like visual ensemble plus what exactly?

I havent seen a thing and I was trying to figure that out the other day. and what is up with the total visual score? its like visual ensemble plus what exactly?

I think I read they did not have a Percussion judge but instead a Brass or CG judge. I was thinking on the Total Visual score that Gary is talking about that the score that adds up to the total is a CG score but not listed which gives you the total. Hard to say but many shows without Perc scores.

I think I read they did not have a Percussion judge but instead a Brass or CG judge. I was thinking on the Total Visual score that Gary is talking about that the score that adds up to the total is a CG score but not listed which gives you the total. Hard to say but many shows without Perc scores.

ya i was just reading this posting which I guess explains this: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/146557-too-many-shows-without-percussion-judge/page__hl__score

so its sometimes percussion, sometimes guard and sometimes brass (yet I dont recall seeing any brass scores or inflated music total scores. PLEASE just tell me--this all ends this weekend right? Limited judging panel is ONLY for JUNE right?

Edited by gcurrier

ya i was just reading this posting which I guess explains this: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/146557-too-many-shows-without-percussion-judge/page__hl__score

so its sometimes percussion, sometimes guard and sometimes brass (yet I dont recall seeing any brass scores or inflated music total scores. PLEASE just tell me--this all ends this weekend right? Limited judging panel is ONLY for JUNE right?

We can only hope G!!

Totally random but just listened to the 2011 Blue Knights show...wow that is seriously old school!

Matt - That thread is correct. If you go to DCI.org/scores and download the actual recap PDF it will show you which judge it was and the score. For example in Whitewater last night if you download that sheet you can see that the judge was CG and the scores are there for each corps.

Hope that helps with scoring DCPI.