DCPI season 16 discussion thread

Quite a day for the Knights of... org!

At the South regional, in our hometown nonetheless, we swept all 3 classes. The World class Knights of Power were taunted all "knight" by the Knights of Sound and Note, as they had placed first in the prelims. But the Knights of Power jumped from 4th to 1st with a stellar performance in the ultra competitive South region. In one day, we quadrupled the number of Regional Championships our young organization has had. (This makes 4 in 4 seasons)

At the same time, the Knights of Power took possession of the Knights Sword as well.

Between the Regional Championship and the FANFARE Championship last week, the organization is off to a fantastic start. We're hoping the pollsters agree for this week!

Ahem: it should be noted that the Knights of Sound did not in fact win Open prelims. The Texas Zephyrs broke the 77 barrier for the second time this season in prelims, before dropping behind the Knights of Sound in Finals.

Our show this year is progressing roughly as expected. We were not expecting the downturn we experienced during the first and second weeks of the season, but feel like we're back on track for a medal position in Madison...at least.

We have a few tricks up our sleeves for later on this year, too. So, stick around.

While the Knights failed to make it a clean sweep for Knight Org, we are very pleased with Knights bronze in the South and Les Blanc Chevalier and Cape Cod Regiment Gold in the east! Knights are now 8th overall while LBC and CCR go to the top of their CLASS! This is actually LBS's 7th East title (they also have one south title) and CCR's 5th east title! Interesting to note however that in neither of Knight's two Championship seasons did they win a regional title.

4th place in the south isnt bad for a corps that just came back from 7 (i think) years off.... Now to start tweaking for finals week.

Congrats to all the Regional winners.

Elite Youth Arts Association has a nice sweep of divisions out West and a really close victory over Star of Hawaii in Open Class, 77.505 to 77.170.

In Monte Carlo, Cross took the European Class A competition in an on-going battle the Viscounts.

Down South, Jupiter finished a disappointing 7th on both nights. We are still very puzzled over our GE score of 31.00??? :blink: The corps is looking to hopefully rebound this week heading into Minneapolis.

Down South, Jupiter finished a disappointing 7th on both nights. We are still very puzzled over our GE score of 31.00??? :blink: The corps is looking to hopefully rebound this week heading into Minneapolis.

The GE Scores look very strange to me. I wonder if some DCI corps are mis-mapped in the program? Because taking the two LOWEST GE scores of the corps I have in my GE slots still gave me a score of like 31.8, and I should have been in the 33-34 range Friday and Saturday.

Yeah, I just checked. Both of Polaris Regiment's and Oregon Marauders' GE corps performed on Friday, 7/8 and combined for a GE score of 33.5 in real life. Yet my DCPI GE score for both corps on 7/8 was only 31.6

Something's wrong here. Either DCI scores were plugged in wrong or there's a mapping problem.

Edited by hostrauser

Deep Dish Pizza for everyone! The Nastalgia Music Project showed up and showed out at the Midwest Regionals with 2 golds and a silver medal. After the slow start some groups had wrote us off. Hopefully the second half of the season we'll be just as successful. No big changes look to be in the future, but we'll see how that goes.

The GE Scores look very strange to me. I wonder if some DCI corps are mis-mapped in the program? Because taking the two LOWEST GE scores of the corps I have in my GE slots still gave me a score of like 31.8, and I should have been in the 33-34 range Friday and Saturday.

Yeah, I just checked. Both of Polaris Regiment's and Oregon Marauders' GE corps performed on Friday, 7/8 and combined for a GE score of 33.5 in real life. Yet my DCPI GE score for both corps on 7/8 was only 31.6

Something's wrong here. Either DCI scores were plugged in wrong or there's a mapping problem.

I had the same questions... I've been gone a few weeks and was about 2.5 points light to my calculations... Host, we must have the same captions...

I took a quick look and it appears that for one particular DCI corps, there was a mapping/tabulating issue with the spreadsheet.

As a result, Star of Jupiter's prelims score should be an 80.0 and finals should be a 79.1.

Polaris' score would have been an 80.3 and Marauders' score an 77.49. I'll take some time later tonight to go back and adjust those scores in the database.

I took a quick look and it appears that for one particular DCI corps, there was a mapping/tabulating issue with the spreadsheet.

As a result, Star of Jupiter's prelims score should be an 80.0 and finals should be a 79.1.

Polaris' score would have been an 80.3 and Marauders' score an 77.49. I'll take some time later tonight to go back and adjust those scores in the database.

We wondered what happen. Thanks Matt for straighten out the judges.

Jupiter will be ready to rock in Lawrence tonight. Cross has flown all the way in from Monaco to be there and start their US tour. After another night in Vegas Star of Hawaii is on the road to Omaha for Tuesday night's show.