Elevated Blue Stars

In my opinion, using props is fine - as long as you don't use them to hide your visual flaws, or to make your visual program hard to judge (coughbluedevilscough)

• Like 3

That's so silly to me. I can understand not liking certain props, but not liking a prop just because you don't like props is kind of trite, and slightly childish.

Wow. All that because he doesn't like props? I remember when I had my first beer.:tongue:

• Like 2

Wow. All that because he doesn't like props? I remember when I had my first beer.:tongue:

Speaking of curious " props ", I like the Blue Stars show this year, but man, is there any chance that the Blue Stars could maybe consider having the solo guard marcher chuck that leather cupless bra thing he's wearing ? I have nothing against men wearing women's clothing on their own time, but it's not helping the Blue Stars in performance before the public in my opinion. I wasn't the only one in my theatre that had raised eybrows with this. Just an observation, and good luck to the Blue Stars this season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

In my opinion, using props is fine - as long as you don't use them to hide your visual flaws, or to make your visual program hard to judge (coughbluedevilscough)

hmmmm isnt it good programming to hide your flaws and accent your positives? If a judge cant find a flaw that used to be called good programming

Speaking of curious " props ", I like the Blue Stars show this year, but man, is there any chance that the Blue Stars could maybe consider having the solo guard marcher chuck that leather cupless bra thing he's wearing ? I have nothing against men wearing women's clothing on their own time, but it's not helping the Blue Stars in performance before the public in my opinion. I wasn't the only one in my theatre that had raised eybrows with this. Just an observation, and good luck to the Blue Stars this season.

it looks like they got the uniform idea from the movie school of rock

sor_012LucasBabin.jpg

Dont gig me wrong I love Blue Stars show but that top thing has to go !

Bluecoats 1997 used a similar ramp prop as well and the snares went up and there were kick drums on the scaffolding that the snare line played during their drum solo.

Already on another thread. But maybe this will be an opportunity to post pics and thoughts of other corps props?I personally love this scaffolding and hope that they use it more effectively than the mirrors were utilized by the champs last year.

lol. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew for a fact that it would lead to some good ole BD hate commentary and it delivered! very first response was it!

Give it a rest already. In my opinion props are dumb. Period. Potentially dangerous props are worse.

Okay. Shut it down people. He said "Period".

That means he is right, you are wrong, end of discussion.

That freakin "period" man...

• Like 1

Anybody who marched in '79 Troopers remembers "The Porch"! If there is any heavy wind we may see a repeat, although on the field! :doh:

Blue Stars scaffolding.

Today: DCP

Tomorrow: Failblog.org

• Like 2