wildwood

On another note- How about Carolina Gold and Fusion Corps!

I cant wait to see Fusion jump into the open class division in the future! Good for them for building a quality program so quickly, especially in this day and age. Best of luck to your team in the future.

Do you think Fusion is looking to go Open? I would think the year after a championship would be the best year to boost the membership for Open Class. They may choose to go the route of the Govies. I would love to see Fusion jump into Open in the future (when they are ready), and I would also like to see Carolina Gold do it too. From the numbers that are reported, but Gold may be bigger than some Open Class groups right now.

Here is something else I am completely baffled at...

Out of all the posters on this thread, maybe 4 or 5 of you were actually IN Wildwood for the show. For those of you who were there, THANK YOU!!! :worthy:

The rest of you HAVEN'T seen us yet. Don't judge us UNTIL you have seen us. For pete's sake, IT WAS THE FIRST SHOW OF THE SEASON! :doh:

Yup. I STILL love how people who haven't even been to a show can be experts on what a corps is doing "wrong" and how to "fix" it. They seem to know what is going on at every corps' camps. (Must be racking up the frequent flyer miles...)

• Like 3

Yup. I STILL love how people who haven't even been to a show can be experts on what a corps is doing "wrong" and how to "fix" it. They seem to know what is going on at every corps' camps. (Must be racking up the frequent flyer miles...)

this is so true..although..the same people that dont like it now are some of the same who voice their opinions on everything in DCI as well as DCA......people just dont like when it comes back.....lmao...oh well it's DCP what else would you think...lol :fight:

If you sit in the crowd at any show, prelims or whatever all the "experts" are there picking the corps apart. It is amusing to hear all the comments mostly from people that marched maybe once or not at all. All the corps are entertaining in their own right. Big, small, whatever. Let's just enjoy the work and prep put into them and have fun, I have for over 60 years and I still march and play. :cool:

Thanks Sayre....you just proved my point! :worthy:

btw...I saw you as I was waiting on line for food, and wanted to come over to say hello, but I was on a schedule. Wanted to tell you to keep up the great work....you look GREAT! :thumbup:

Here is something else I am completely baffled at...

Out of all the posters on this thread, maybe 4 or 5 of you were actually IN Wildwood for the show. For those of you who were there, THANK YOU!!! :worthy:

The rest of you HAVEN'T seen us yet. Don't judge us UNTIL you have seen us. For pete's sake, IT WAS THE FIRST SHOW OF THE SEASON! :doh:

I judged you since I heard you over the phone. You sounded in 1997 form

• Like 1

Nope, I wasn't there. However I did not have to attend to know that any corps with championship aspirations, absolutely must come out with a completed program or find themselves working from behind. Which is a problem no matter how many American Legion championships the corps has won.

• Like 1

Nope, I wasn't there. However I did not have to attend to know that any corps with championship aspirations, absolutely must come out with a completed program or find themselves working from behind. Which is a problem no matter how many American Legion championships the corps has won.

success is when preparation meets opportunity hehehehe :dancin:

Really? Because NO corps in history has ever come from behind to win it all, right? And surely a corps that has been in business for 65 years straight has NO idea how to pull it together and achieve success in field competition, right? And finishing in 5th place a few times is a totally wasted season, right?

Give me a break.

As you said - you weren't there. Do you know what still needs to be completed in their show? Do you know what they did well and what needed work? For that matter, are you sure Bucs show is "complete?" What about what they did right and wrong? You never cease to amaze me at your expertise considering corps you have not seen.

• Like 4

I can't wait for the 2nd show to shut this thread down

• Like 2