wildwood

I hate to mix two responses together, but.....

1. There is a degree of "slotting" in that judges are AWARE of where a corps was the last time out. You can't just erase your memory (although I seem to be doing just that lately). This awareness is not as prevalent in the tick system which is kind of like zero-based budgeting. Don't take that to mean a pref. for ticks....this system is great and always getting better. With a shift towards Effect, the normal 5-point gap between Bucs and Cabs grew to 7 when they stood still while the Bucs danced....that's obvious. That being said, I have TOTAL confidence that the Cabs will want to make a point in their next performance and WILL. (A FACT I've accepted from following them since 1957).

2. Congratulations to ALL corps in last night's competition. From the snow storms of the north to the ice storms of the south, it's a wonder anyone finished their book at all. My special congratulations to Sun for getting back on the field....not an easy task in a harsh winter that interrupted practice schedules and momentum, and to Windsor Regiment. With corps folding and taking years off and the economy in the Krapper, Windsor Regiment showed that drum corps is not only alive, but still GROWING in New Jersey. :thumbup:

Actually, it is a very short season and playing catch up is much more difficult than in the past. And to come out the first show with an incomplete program IS a problem. For the Cabs to find themselves closer to Carolina Gold and Fusion Corps than to the Bucs is also a problem. Compound this with the fact that there will likely be 2 to 3 corps placing somewhere between the Bucs and Cabs come Bridgeport. Certainly the Cabs will be in the hunt, however I don't think this was their goal for the 2011 season. Anyway, best of luck. DCA needs a competitive Caballeros corp.

Dear Mr. Reason....

While I apprecaite your comments, I DO believe you are WAY off base....

We have 11 more weeks to clean our show.....not as short as you might think. Our show IS done, just some catching up to do in ceratin areas of the corps that are just not quite there yet. I will say it again....in some people's eyes this may look like a problem, but NOT to the members of this corps. We are focused, determined, and can't wait to present the full show, which we will in Bridgeport! Come to the show, check us out, and then form your opinion and let us know if we have "problems".

We KNOW what we have to do, and it WILL get done....PERIOD!

That is all I am going to say on this subject....

Have a great week everyone....see you all in Bridgeport!

• Like 1

Looking at the historical scores for Wildwood.

2006 Cabs 74.538

2007 Cabs 74.463

2008 Cabs 72.800

2009 Cabs 72.713

2010 Cabs 75.363

Starting to see pattern?

Ummmm....no.....care to explain?

Dear Mr. Reason....

While I apprecaite your comments, I DO believe you are WAY off base....

We have 11 more weeks to clean our show.....not as short as you might think. Our show IS done, just some catching up to do in ceratin areas of the corps that are just not quite there yet. I will say it again....in some people's eyes this may look like a problem, but NOT to the members of this corps. We are focused, determined, and can't wait to present the full show, which we will in Bridgeport! Come to the show, check us out, and then form your opinion and let us know if we have "problems".

We KNOW what we have to do, and it WILL get done....PERIOD!

That is all I am going to say on this subject....

Have a great week everyone....see you all in Bridgeport!

Cabs will be fine! It's been a tough winter for most everyone due to weather and economy. Corps sizes may be smaller all around this year. Or shows not complete yet. Or dirtier then usual as newest members get the show down. It will all work out. Drum corps people know how to get the job done.

I am impressed with Fusion, Gold, and Windsor Regiment scores. Nice job everyone. And of course Sunrisers back on the field is awesome! I believe this year will be the first year a Class A corps or 2 will outscore an Open class corps in prelims.

Frank...you've been around the block once or twice. No explanation needed. Your out there doing it! that's what counts!!!

Actually, it is a very short season and playing catch up is much more difficult than in the past. And to come out the first show with an incomplete program IS a problem. For the Cabs to find themselves closer to Carolina Gold and Fusion Corps than to the Bucs is also a problem. Compound this with the fact that there will likely be 2 to 3 corps placing somewhere between the Bucs and Cabs come Bridgeport. Certainly the Cabs will be in the hunt, however I don't think this was their goal for the 2011 season. Anyway, best of luck. DCA needs a competitive Caballeros corp.

So I guess in your world - if you start a football game down 14-0 in the first quarter - you should quit and go home. Give us a break ! All this says after weekend one is what we already knew - the Bucs have the off-season sessions locked down such that they are ready out of the gate. Cabs and the rest aren't at that level of prepardedness. Will the gap narrow - hope so - the more the Bucs win it all every year - the tougher for the activity to keep it going as well. We need to get back to where you had 2-4 corps each season at least who had a shot at winning shows.

Ummmm....no.....care to explain?

Take a average of your last 5 years and that would be about a 73. You got a 72.55 (0.2)

Go figure. The judges could have just phoned it in. :):):)

• Like 1

Take a average of your last 5 years and that would be about a 73. You got a 72.55 (0.2)

Go figure. The judges could have just phoned it in. :):):)

You CAN'T be serious Ed......

Why do I even bother! :thumbdown:

Edited by FPonzo
  • Like 1

Scores were up last night. I checked after returning from Wildwood around 1:30 AM but their were no recaps and they still were not posted as of Sunday at 1:00 PM.

All corps weren't bad considering the first show jitters. It was hard watching the Sunrisers after seeing so many great shows back in the day.

The Cabs also didn't look good. Their show was just a ho hum show from the past, and with only 4 snare drummers it was really hard to take. Especially when the Cabs alumni had a full legion of percussion, that although playing a strictly rudimental show, did play well and most of all,entertained the auddience as did the rest of the corps. Soloists Kurt Hawkins, and George Hadley were almost at mid season form. You cant call them trumpet solos as Kurt still uses a 2 valve bugle and George is using a "G" horn. A very fine performance

The Reading Buccaneers have another Bobby Jones signature drill that never stops, and again their choice of music was very good, playing a semi classical show that was very recognizable. Rich Hammond's drum line again cooks up another barn burner with a "killer pit." Again the Bucs are to be delt with.

You CAN'T be serious Ed......

Why do I even bother! :thumbdown:

pretty serious . The numbers don't lie. I guess I forgot to give the usual disclaimer that the judges sheets are a valuable tool for the staff to work from yadda yadda yadda