Austin Sauna and Suds

And if the show was in wisconsin or north carolina, where do you think the results wouldve been?

Texas is a fairly neutral site.. all of the corps come from 900+ miles away.

Distance to Round Rock, Tx from each corps:

1st: The Cavaliers- 962mi

2nd: The Cadets- 1424mi

3rd: Carolina Crown 1020mi

4th: Phantom Regiment 942mi

5th: Blue Stars 984mi

6th: Bluecoats 1156mi

7th: Blue Devils 1479mi

8th: Santa Clara Vanguard 1466mi

When no corps is closer than 900 mi, id say there's little to no 'home corps advantage'.. and if there are variations in membership base, you would almost expect cadets to be down there with BD\SCV.

I don't believe this has as much to do with it as folks on here think. With maybe the exception of the SC and New Jersey/PA shows.

I've never been seated or in line around folks who talk about their "home corps" at any show I've ever been to. Finals in Denver--no locals. Finals in Madison--no locals. Maybe I'm coincidentally isolated from the local crowd but I doubt it.

My faves are the Cadets and Phantom. I live in Louisiana. When I lived in TN it was the same. Even though I want to see Music City do well, I wouldn't vote them in first just because I lived in Nashville.

Edited by Wadep66

No undefeated BD. It will be difficult for them to win with this show, although I enjoyed it more than I have any BD show since the Godfather show.

I didn't think the Bluecoats would have a second year like the last. Each time they have done really well, they are down the next season. This show is reminiscent of the Imagine show.

Crown could be the dark horse but I'm not sure about the show.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought BD '06 was EPIC

I actually really enjoyed the Imagine show. The most common complaint that I've heard with that show however, was that people didn't get the concept. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have either, had I not watched the vid on the Fan Network with Michael Grey explaining it.

Crown is most definitely my favorite corps! No matter the year! Honestly, I don't know how successful this year's show will ultimately be either. But I think the staff at Crown are really more interested in entertaining their audience, and most (with the exception of a strange few her on good ole' DCP) can agree that this show does just that.

Edited by crownisking

The Cadets finally have a show they can win with, but they can't do it with those brass and percussion scores. But finally, a real corps show again! This is the Cadets I fell in love with.

I'm hoping those scores are a result of where we're at in the season and the "endurance" factor. It's not an easy show, and I'm sure individually, it's a reflection on their stamina at this point.

Winning GE music tonight (last night) is a good sign, IMO.

I'm hoping those scores are a result of where we're at in the season and the "endurance" factor. It's not an easy show, and I'm sure individually, it's a reflection on their stamina at this point.

Winning GE music tonight (last night) is a good sign, IMO.

I really can't wait to see this show! I'm a Crown fan first but, [ in my southerner voice ] I do love me some Cadets!

• Like 1

Curious to hear what those who attended the show thought about the crowd size. Lots of people are saying it was pretty small. I thought it was a pretty good turnout given this was DCI's first visit to Austin and the record heat we've been experiencing.

Seating capacity at the RRISD stadium is 11,000 (5,500 per side). Obviously, there was no seating opposite the pressbox, so I'd guess attendance was somewhere in the neighborhood of 4,000 people. I don't have a good reference for whether or not that's decent these days, but it would have been a big show back when I marched, particularly given the fact that I saw exactly ZERO advertising in the Austin media.

Curious to hear what those who attended the show thought about the crowd size. Lots of people are saying it was pretty small. I thought it was a pretty good turnout given this was DCI's first visit to Austin and the record heat we've been experiencing.

262699_219625471403556_114651738567597_715824_7903143_n.jpg

262699_219625471403556_114651738567597_715824_7903143_n.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I'm sitting on the very last row on the slight left. In fact, if you see the guy standing up just left of the middle, that's one of the instructors of the Cadets that I talked to before the event started.

Seating capacity at the RRISD stadium is 11,000 (5,500 per side). Obviously, there was no seating opposite the pressbox, so I'd guess attendance was somewhere in the neighborhood of 4,000 people. I don't have a good reference for whether or not that's decent these days, but it would have been a big show back when I marched, particularly given the fact that I saw exactly ZERO advertising in the Austin media.

Does DCI normally do local advertising when there's an event in other cities? I didn't see any advertising either and just thought maybe DCI was trying to rely on word of mouth, fans, and local high schools.

Wow. I'm so friggin excited about this season now!

I didn't think the Bluecoats would have a second year like the last. Each time they have done really well, they are down the next season. This show is reminiscent of the Imagine show.

I don't know. Their talent is supposed to be a lot higher. It's just dirty right now. SO SO SO dirty. People are bagging out, getting exhausted, endurance issues, etc. I think their brass sound was great. I'm not a drum guy, so I can't speak to the unprecedented drop in perc. placement. Guard not tossing makes that a hard read, too.

I think most of the show is pretty cool. Might have to re-write a little part in the middle, but I trust the guys at Bloo to know how to clean. I definitely think it'll take the Coats a little while to finally get comfortable enough with this show to really start showing off with it.

But hey, everyone came to play this year, so they could still not get as high as people were anticipating earlier in the preseason. I, for one, think it's still too early for me to try and guess where they'll wind up.