Pittsburgh Pub

The average 1st show score for Boston over the past 8 years is 70.981

Boston lost to Phantom Regiment by over 6 points on 6/23/ 09.... but BAC beat Phantom at Finals by 8 tenths. Boston beat Blue Stars by over a point last year in June. But Blue Stars beat Boston at Finals however by 2.55 pts.. What do we learn from this ? Not much, imo.

To use the Major League Baseball analogy, June in DCI is the Spring Training season. For all the Corps... and all the judges.

Edited by BRASSO

I just uploaded some photos from last night, so enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepsimanab/collections/72157627036157822/

From a photography standpoint, I didn't like the staging for a lot of the groups last night. Many of the features and solos (guard/perc/etc) were partially hidden by the front panels, hornline plumes, etc. I expect that when I'm standing on the front sideline, but my seat in the front of the bleachers was probably 15-20 feet from the ground.

RED PLUMES for BOSTON...I thought I was looking at Colts at first....I did not see that coming...lol

Thanks for the photos! :smile:

Boston lost to Phantom Regiment by over 6 points on 6/23/ 09.... but beat Phantom at Finals by 8 tenths.

To use the Major League Baseball analogy, June in DCI is the Spring Training season.

I guess the question is who is status quo and who show will evolve. the last 3 or 4 years Boston has had good shows.

Edited by emc2

I just uploaded some photos from last night, so enjoy.

http://www.flickr.co...57627036157822/

From a photography standpoint, I didn't like the staging for a lot of the groups last night. Many of the features and solos (guard/perc/etc) were partially hidden by the front panels, hornline plumes, etc. I expect that when I'm standing on the front sideline, but my seat in the front of the bleachers was probably 15-20 feet from the ground.

nice pics

RED PLUMES for BOSTON...I thought I was looking at Colts at first....I did not see that coming...lol

Thanks for the photos! :smile:

I never liked the white plumes Boston had last year all that much. I like these red plumes a lot better than the white they had. ( I could go for black too ) 'Not sure I like the grey color new Mapex drums of Boston though. I think the snare drums would look better with a darker color. But thats just me.

Edited by BRASSO

I never liked the white plumes Boston had last year. I like these red plumes a lot better. Not sure I like the grey color new Mapex drums of Boston though. I think the snare drums would look better with a darker color.

I have always liked the black plumes. The drum should be electric and change different colors.

The scores are a bit down this year for a lot of Corps compared with last year, even at the top tier of Corps. Boston came out last year around this time. Boston may or may not be as good as last year. Time will tell. Some Corps start slow, finish strong. Some start strong, level off. Boston started out last year strong with a 75, but there have been years when it scored in the 60's yet finished up higher than it did with it's Finals score last year. Looking at scores now is like looking at the major league baseball scores in April. BK beat SCV last year at this time. Boston beat Blue Stars last year at this time by 1.3 points. A couple of years ago, (2007 ) Bluecoats beat BD on July 2nd. But its never where you start. Its where... and how... you finish.

Personally I rather have them not start off strong, so they don't peak early. Many years I've seen this happen to them. Of course this assumes that the show has a lot of room to grow....I can't comment on that right now because I have not seen them yet and it has only been one show.

Personally I rather have them not start off strong, so they don't peak early. Many years I've seen this happen to them. Of course this assumes that the show has a lot of room to grow....I can't comment on that right now because I have not seen them yet and it has only been one show.

In 2000, Boston was beat by Carolina Crown and Crossmen by over 2 points on the July 4th weekend in 2 shows. Both in New England no less. That same year, at August Finals, Boston finished in 5th place, beating Carolina Crown by over 7 points and Crossmen by over 5 points. Boston also started out slowly in 2002 as well, but finished up strongly. Boston is one of those Corps that sometimes starts out strongly, but peaks too early, and other times, starts out slowly but catches fire at just the right time come Finals. I have no idea what this year will bring with this Corps.

In 2000, Boston was beat by Carolina Crown and Crossmen by over 2 points on the July 4th weekend in 2 shows. Both in New England no less. That same year, at August Finals, Boston finished in 5th place, beating Carolina Crown by over 7 points and Crossmen by over 5 points. Boston also started out slowly in 2002 as well, but finished up strongly. Boston is one of those Corps that sometimes starts out strongly, but peaks too early, and other times, starts out slowly but catches fire at just the right time come Finals. I have no idea what this year will bring with this Corps.

I think the theme is great. Have not seen them live only on tape. plenty or time to put in church bells and fireworks and clean clean clean.