Rebourne.jpg

Selections include:

"Main Titles" from THE BOURNE IDENTITY by Powell, John

"Burly Brawl" from THE MATRIX RELOADED by Davis, Don

"Bourne Gets Well" from THE BOURNE IDENTITY by Powell, John

"Trinity Definitely" from THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS by Davis, Don

"Treadstone Assassins" from THE BOURNE IDENTITY by Powell, John

"Bullet Time" from THE MATRIX by Davis, Don

So, I searched around and couldn't find an actually official discussion thread for the Blue Stars, so I made this one for discussion of this incredible show.

I've been a huge fan of the Blue Stars since 2007 and I think they've gotten a little bit better every year, even if Houdini was not as great as The Factory. However, when I watch/listen to ReBourne ... it's like I'm watching a completely different corps!

I first witnessed this incredible show during the DCI Theatre Webcast almost a week ago and just could not believe my eyes or ears. This show is, seemingly, just as action packed as the movies they took the music from! It is easily my second favorite show of the summer only bested by Carolina Crown and with Madison Scouts right behind them.

I just don't see why the judges scores still put them down in 8th at both of the Top 8 shows last weekend. But, I honestly can see this show going as high as the Top 6!

Whatever happens with placing, though, I am so glad that the Blue Stars decided to take us on this amazing ride!

As far as the poll above goes ... I honestly feel it's not possible for the corps to finish below 8th place, period. However, to be fair, I decided to put in all the possible options. There is no way that they won't be 8th or above. I honestly think, as I said, that there's no way they won't be 6th or above.

Discuss! :)

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku
  • Like 2

Blue Stars 2011 -- ReBourne

Rebourne.jpg

Selections include:

"Main Titles" from THE BOURNE IDENTITY by Powell, John

"Burly Brawl" from THE MATRIX RELOADED by Davis, Don

"Bourne Gets Well" from THE BOURNE IDENTITY by Powell, John

"Trinity Definitely" from THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS by Davis, Don

"Treadstone Assassins" from THE BOURNE IDENTITY by Powell, John

"Bullet Time" from THE MATRIX by Davis, Don

So, I searched around and couldn't find an actually official discussion thread for the Blue Stars, so I made this one for discussion of this incredible show.

I've been a huge fan of the Blue Stars since 2007 and I think they've gotten a little bit better every year, even if Houdini was not as great as The Factory. However, when I watch/listen to ReBourne ... it's like I'm watching a completely different corps!

I first witnessed this incredible show during the DCI Theatre Webcast almost a week ago and just could not believe my eyes or ears. This show is, seemingly, just as action packed as the movies they took the music from! It is easily my second favorite show of the summer only bested by Carolina Crown and with Madison Scouts right behind them.

I just don't see why the judges scores still put them down in 8th at both of the Top 8 shows last weekend. But, I honestly can see this show going as high as the Top 6!

Whatever happens with placing, though, I am so glad that the Blue Stars decided to take us on this amazing ride!

As far as the poll above goes ... I honestly feel it's not possible for the corps to finish below 8th place, period. However, to be fair, I decided to put in all the possible options. There is no way that they won't be 8th or above. I honestly think, as I said, that there's no way they won't be 6th or above.

Discuss! :)

Good show. But considering the fact that they were recently 2 pointed by scouts and are currently sitting in 9th (apart fron the "current" G8), I think it is highly unlikely that they will be 6th place or above. Sorry to sound negative. But that is just not realistic at this point. Too big of a gap for even this early. At the same time, I think your poll options are limited. While I voted "barely in the top 12" (for lack of options), I actually think they will be 9th or 10th this year. Again, the gap is obvious.

• Like 2

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that they need to re-write the drill through the entire opener - and that probably ain't going to happen. The staging of the prop so far forward is forcing everything into a tiny space front-field, and it seems like the visual folks figured out how to deal with that about halfway through the show. Before that, though, it just looks messy and claustrophobic. They're marching it well, and I LOVE their guard, but it's just not effective yet.

• Like 2

The staging of the prop so far forward

Its on the back hash. Not that far forward. Plenty of room to do plenty of drill, which they are.

This corps is on another level from prior years, and i think as they clean up they'll move upwards.

• Like 1

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that they need to re-write the drill through the entire opener - and that probably ain't going to happen. The staging of the prop so far forward is forcing everything into a tiny space front-field, and it seems like the visual folks figured out how to deal with that about halfway through the show. Before that, though, it just looks messy and claustrophobic. They're marching it well, and I LOVE their guard, but it's just not effective yet.

You pretty much read my mind. Great corps - obvious talent - bad show design. I think they will be figting with Boston for 9th or 10th.

• Like 2

I saw the show in Muncie and I don't think it is a bad show design. It is obviously difficult and the corps isn't selling it quite yet, but I think as they get more confident with it the show will really come alive. I wouldn't count the Blue Stars out yet and regardless of placements they have a very entertaining show!

• Like 1

the prop is on the BACK HASH! It takes up far less space than the props in previous years. And it looks cool to boot.

To say that top 6 is impossible at this point is a bit much. In 08 the corps started the season behind the colts. In 09 I believe they started around the 10th place point, and same with last year as well. They are generally late bloomers. This show is one of the hardest on the field this year, I'm sure it will take them a while to peak

I'm predicting a 6th place corps.

• Like 5