Bridgeport CT

Actually, Boston closed the gap on Madison by almost a full point from one show to the next. If that trend continues..... There's always multiple ways to look at scores, until there is a full panel it's hard to make much sense of them, especially with whole sections not being judged. The first regional with all the corps there will be our first accurate picture of where everyone is at.

lol Keep on paddling, Boz.

• Like 1

Actually, Boston closed the gap on Madison by almost a full point from one show to the next. If that trend continues..... There's always multiple ways to look at scores, until there is a full panel it's hard to make much sense of them, especially with whole sections not being judged. The first regional with all the corps there will be our first accurate picture of where everyone is at.

Frankly, I don't think the two corps (Boston and Madison) are in the same league this year.........(I was at the Old Bridge Show on the 50 yard line)....Madison (IMO) has a much stronger musical book, overall show, and performs at a higher level. Whereas I believe that Madison will battle the top 6 corps this year, I believe Boston will be in the 11-12 range, and if people step up, could find themselves out of finals. I think they will stay in on the strength of performance, but the musical arrangements simply are not very strong.

GB

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't think the two corps (Boston and Madison) are in the same league this year.........(I was at the Old Bridge Show on the 50 yard line)....Madison (IMO) has a much stronger musical book, overall show, and performs at a higher level. Whereas I believe that Madison will battle the top 6 corps this year, I believe Boston will be in the 11-12 range, and if people step up, could find themselves out of finals. I think they will stay in on the strength of performance, but the musical arrangements simply are not very strong.

GB

Maybe,.. then again The Music Captions scores of Boston ( according to the judges anyway) are fine. Its not the Brass scores or Music Ensemble scores that are holding the( young this year) Corps back. Those scores are fine. it's the GE Visual scores ( and possibly Percussion ) that has them back a bit from last season at this stage.

Edited by BRASSO

Maybe,.. then again The Music Captions scores of Boston ( according to the judges anyway) are fine. Its not the Brass scores or Music Ensemble scores that are holding the( young this year) Corps back. Those scores are fine. it's the GE Visual scores ( and possibly Percussion ) that has them back a bit from last season at this stage.

I agree. IMO I think the middle of the show is holding them back a bit as it just sits there in my opinion for too long. Although I thought they were further ahead last season at this point both musically and visually (more experienced perhaps?)I must say that their brass and ensemble sounds are more refined than the last few years past in a real good way. I like the direction they are headed even though the show my fall short this year, but it still is to early to tell.

in terms of the numbers given....yes

however, at Old Bridge, Madison had a far better brass sound, and a much stronger/effective musical book, IMO..............my guess is Madison will continue to pull away

from those underneath them right now, and they may have the horses to take down some in front of them as well.............

GB

Just a reminder that there is a $5 drum corps show at Bridgeport this Saturday. You will NOT be disappointed!

BUMP.

Anyone thinking of going?