Why are the West Coast shows with full panels?

Just a guess... but maybe it is easier to staff these events because they are in a smaller space, thus far, as the midwest/east shows. They are also in large population centers and have plenty of people to rotate in and out of panels, as well as bring new ones in.

Economically, it doesn't seem like the same burden that the other sides of the country would have...for the moment.

I think only Stanford and Stockton had full judging panels, but that's because Stanford is technically a premier event, the DCI West championship, and then Stockton always seems to get a full panel, just cause it's the next night, and it's pretty close to Stanford.

But hey, maybe it's all a west coast inflation conspiracy, in some effort to get the scores up over the midwest corps. :tongue:

If I'm not mistaken the folks on the left side of the country have had 8 judges at all of their shows, but the folks on the right side are only getting 5. Why?

I don't mind smaller judging panels (although I've never been overly happy with it either)...so long as there is CONSISTENCY throughout the system. I have no idea the reason why the difference other than economics.

I do think though the more judges you can get the greater the benefit will be to the corps that get them. As far as it affecting current scores I could really care less about that aspect. I care more about the corps getting more of a read on their shows from the greatest amount of differing opinions.

If I'm not mistaken the folks on the left side of the country have had 8 judges at all of their shows, but the folks on the right side are only getting 5. Why?

Because all the other judges are on the West coast right now.

• Like 1