Vanguard Yell & Viper

• 2 weeks later...

Is it wrong that I want to yell for the brass performers to stop running around? (it is distracting and not adding to GE)...

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I haven't liked the recent offerings from the Vanguard, especially this year. I enjoyed Ballet for Martha, but not so much the past couple of years.

• Like 1

Is it wrong that I want to yell for the brass performers to stop running around? (it is distracting and not adding to GE)...

Well, having members run around the field seems to have worked pretty well for the last couple of champions..... :ph34r:

Still love this show, it's a great offering from Santa Clara. Can't wait to see how they do the rest of the season. Hope the Texas crows really buys into the VANGUARD! yell, and really makes it stick.

• Like 3

Love SCV, Hate the YELL!

What's next........a Beach Ball?

-G

• Like 1

Love SCV, Hate the YELL!

What's next........a Beach Ball?

-G

No, just... NO. The yell is a huge hype for both the members and the fans. :thumbup:

• Like 3

I do like the sound of "Vaannnnggguuuaaarrrdd!!" better than "Crystalllllll!!!!!" (times 2) and "Eurekaaa!!" which sounded more like "EEuurrrkka".

I think there were a few "shut up's" on the 2000 recordings, one in BD and in BAC. None for "Crystal" though.

• Like 1

The Viper is back?......... Great, now we will see even more high school cymbal lines do this next year...... It's a shame to see so many high school cymbal lines copy the "viper" but neglect copying what the SCV cymbal line does best....play with good technique.

Edited by dbg
  • Like 4

No, just... NO. The yell is a huge hype for both the members and the fans. :thumbup:

Sorry. It's not working this year just like I knew it wouldn't. I was lower level, back row on the 50. Heard what sounded like 3... MAYBE 4 people make a feeble attempt at it. I say let's just give it a rest and enjoy the show.

• Like 1

Sorry. It's not working this year just like I knew it wouldn't. I was lower level, back row on the 50. Heard what sounded like 3... MAYBE 4 people make a feeble attempt at it. I say let's just give it a rest and enjoy the show.

I know, I wish they had put out something to the fans to help them know where it is. Cause on most videos, I can't tell either. It's in either one of two places in the closer. I know in '07, they put out the videos to point out where the yells went, maybe time to bring that back....?