Adirondack Drums - 29 June 2011

Make sure you click "Unweighted" when using the DCP Scores...

Hmmm...that doesn't seem to make a difference. It says the current high score is Cadets with a 78.8 at Stockton. But yes, when you click on Corps History for the Cavies, it shows the Cavies with a 79.7 at Woodbury.

Edit: OK--I see what's going on. I went to the Comparison/Reports section down at the bottom left and clicked on "High Scores". It shows (as of 06/30/2011 12:00AM) that Cadets has a 78.8. But, corpsband is using the Overall Scores button with the unweighted scores which shows the Cavies with 79.7--soon to be 80.3.

Edited by CrownBariDad

Crown was ranked below Madison, but had not competed against Madison... even once.

Actually they did compete against each other last week. Madison was 3.0

behind Crown and tonight they were 2.7 behind. Your point still holds

though. Comparing different Corps at different shows is meaningless.

But that being said, I'm still very encouraged for the Scouts. Last year

at their first meeting against Crown, they were 6.4 points behind them.

Much closer this year so far!

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 2

RE: falls and missteps: Wife says there was a stumble in Crown, but no fall. Boston had several collisions. :sad: I hate to hear about any falls, but I guess it comes with the activity. Hopefully, no more slips!

Recaps!!!

Pretty much where they were the last time they met.

Pretty good for Scouts so far. They maintained about

the same spread over Boston and under Crown. If they can

start cleaning and adding, maybe they can close that gap.

Seriously, I'm very happy so far with how the Scouts are doing this season! They are significantly ahead of where they were last year at this time - both in terms of placement and performance. I love that people are eating up their show and that they are one of the crowd favorites!

There is no doubt that the Scouts are for real this year. I really enjoyed their show. Reminded me of the early 90's. They did finish about where I figured they would be to Crown, but they have a good chance of closing in on some of the heavy hitters at the top in the coming weeks IMO. :smile:

I could not be happier with the Scouts show and performance this year. The people who obsess over scores seem to miss the joy of being moved by a corps performance. I think the crowd's reaction to the Scouts show tells me that many drum corps fans (not necessarily those who obsess over scores on this Board) are only interested in being moved and entertained by a drum corps show. Vic Russelll

Looking at the pre-season predictions, then reading the latest prediction thread, I'd have to say that Spirit of Atlanta is the surprise corps of 2011 so far. I don't think I saw any pre-season predictions that had Spirit higher than 15th or so, and I don't think there are many in the most recent thread that have them below 12th. Way to go, Baby Blue!

• Like 1

RE: falls and missteps: Wife says there was a stumble in Crown, but no fall. Boston had several collisions. :sad: I hate to hear about any falls, but I guess it comes with the activity. Hopefully, no more slips!

i'm pretty sure this is the baseball field stadium... the stands are not parallel to the sideline and it can throw marchers off, IMO

Looking at the pre-season predictions, then reading the latest prediction thread, I'd have to say that Spirit of Atlanta is the surprise corps of 2011 so far. I don't think I saw any pre-season predictions that had Spirit higher than 15th or so, and I don't think there are many in the most recent thread that have them below 12th. Way to go, Baby Blue!

Yup no one saw this coming. At all. I had them 14th

i'm pretty sure this is the baseball field stadium... the stands are not parallel to the sideline and it can throw marchers off, IMO

I never liked these type of fields...especially marching over the top of a pitchers mound backwards...lol