Adirondack Drums - 29 June 2011

This is right in line with my spread calculated standings, and shows that just comparing actual scores in fraught with peril

anybody see the crossmen show?

Hopefully somebody that was there will do a review on them for you.

Crown is the current holder of the season high score, but I'm afraid it will only last a few hours until the Cavies and Cadets scores come in.

Yep! Some strange scores from BAC and Xmen: BAC dropped 0.2 from Bridgeport and Xmen had no change (same show). Spirit increased almost a point (not by the 2+ I had "predicted"). Be interested to see the recaps.

It's wonderful to see Spirit with all this momentum!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!

anybody see the crossmen show?

My son is in the Spirit of Atlanta horn line. They didn't get to watch, but the Crossmen followed them. He was able to listen to their show, and said he loves the music. He said they sounded really good to him. Spirit of Atlanta will always pull for Bones, of course (and vice-versa), but I've heard their show, too (though not tonight of course). It's really good. I saw them when they stopped at our local high school on June 20 or 21.

Edited by Billy

This is right in line with my spread calculated standings, and shows that just comparing actual scores in fraught with peril

If we go to the front page now of DCP ( before it's updated with the scores from tonite ) we see that Madison was ranked over Crown in the unweighted ranking standings. These things are meaningless. What counts is head to head match ups. Crown was ranked below Madison, but had not competed against Madison... even once. They competed with different judges and were judged in comparison to a different mix of Corps. It makes all the difference. Tonite Madison and Crown matched up head to head. And now we have a more realistic " ranking "....and spread.

Crown is the current holder of the season high score, but I'm afraid it will only last a few hours until the Cavies and Cadets scores come in.

Sorry bud Cavies scored a 79.7 last night

• Like 2

Sorry bud Cavies scored a 79.7 last night

That's what I get for relying on DCP High Scores. My bad.